About Sothink SWF Decompiler
-migrated-
About Sothink SWF Decompiler Posted on: 07/08/2010 1:46pm
Quote Post
I'm using Sothink SWF decompiler v 5.2 and in the field were the text or image is, like where the action script appears I right click and I can see options like "Undo" "Redo" "Replace" "Find" but they're all shaded, and I try and press CTRL+F on the text field but nothing happens, I have this version registered, so any answers to why this is happening? Am I the only one?
Re: About Sothink SWF Decompiler Posted on: 07/08/2010 2:53pm
Quote Post
Need to post more...lol 0.12 posts a day. D:
Quote from: "v 0.c3"
I'm using Sothink SWF decompiler v 5.2
Try updating to v5.6 build 546 (latest)? I used the same key for all v5.X versions IIRC and it updated smoothly. I don't think there were especially major updates between those versions, but the "Search all AS" function which came in v5.4 may prove to be useful.
and in the field were the text or image is, like where the action script appears
I understood the second part (after the comma), and I think text refers to actionscript but I'm not too sure about the image part O.o
I right click and I can see options like "Undo" "Redo" "Replace" "Find" but they're all shaded
I've made some AoBs and I don't remember ever rightclicking in sothink swf decompiler... >:O Though I can't find "Find" in my rightclick menu, I see the parts about Undo/Redo/Cut/Paste/Delete which also remain shaded/greyed out and disabled. Personally I don't see how these would even make sense unless there exists an obscure hidden actionscript-editing feature which I have no idea about ;_; My guess is that they don't really do anything.
and I try and press CTRL+F on the text field but nothing happens, I have this version registered, so any answers to why this is happening? Am I the only one?
To find the search function, go to the ActionScript tab at the top (the second tab) and well, you should see a textbox to enter what to search for, a search button, among other things, which should be pretty self-explanatory. (broken image removed)
Re: About Sothink SWF Decompiler Posted on: 07/09/2010 2:28am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Vexenos"
Need to post more...lol 0.12 posts a day. D:
I'm using Sothink SWF decompiler v 5.2
Try updating to v5.6 build 546 (latest)? I used the same key for all v5.X versions IIRC and it updated smoothly. I don't think there were especially major updates between those versions, but the "Search all AS" function which came in v5.4 may prove to be useful.
and in the field were the text or image is, like where the action script appears
I understood the second part (after the comma), and I think text refers to actionscript but I'm not too sure about the image part O.o
I right click and I can see options like "Undo" "Redo" "Replace" "Find" but they're all shaded
I've made some AoBs and I don't remember ever rightclicking in sothink swf decompiler... >:O Though I can't find "Find" in my rightclick menu, I see the parts about Undo/Redo/Cut/Paste/Delete which also remain shaded/greyed out and disabled. Personally I don't see how these would even make sense unless there exists an obscure hidden actionscript-editing feature which I have no idea about ;_; My guess is that they don't really do anything.
and I try and press CTRL+F on the text field but nothing happens, I have this version registered, so any answers to why this is happening? Am I the only one?
To find the search function, go to the ActionScript tab at the top (the second tab) and well, you should see a textbox to enter what to search for, a search button, among other things, which should be pretty self-explanatory. (broken image removed)

Yay! I got it working, the second tab where it says ActionScript and the search box worked for me, thank you so much, and where I said image I ment like when you click a sprite in the list it appears there, and so does actionscript when you click on a scipt file.

Thank you for your help and I'll go update sothink now.