"Unlimited" is a strong word.
I'd say look for when shooting occurs. It'd look something like:
this.ammo--;
//or
--this.ammo;
//or
this.ammo -= 1;
//or
this.ammo = this.ammo - 1;
Which would look something like this:
//66 a0 02
_as3_getproperty ammo
//c1
_as3_decrement_i
//68 a0 02
_as3_setproperty ammo
//or
//66 a0 02
_as3_getproperty ammo
//93
_as3_decrement
//68 a0 02
_as3_setproperty ammo
In this case, the -1 is the decrement operator. We have two options:
- 1. NOP the decrement
2. Make the decrement (decrease) an increment (increase)
The first option will make the AoB look like:
66 a0 02 c1 68 a0 02 =>
66 a0 02 02 68 a0 02
The second option:
66 a0 02 c1 68 a0 02 =>
66 a0 02 c0 68 a0 02
How did I know what 02 and what c0 are? I used cheat sheets; and after using them for some time, I knew them by heart.
AS2 Cheat Sheet (you need to use the search to get to the relevent parts)
AS3 Cheat Sheet
Let's say that you saw the "kill" operation in an AS3 file, just search the cheat sheet for kill. Saw the opcode b0? Search for 0xb0 (0x indicates that the following value is a Hex value.)
Enjoy, and don't forget to read the beginner tutorials. Maybe it's because I'm biased (for some reason...) but some of them (if not, dare I say, all of them) are good.