Skip to content
Locked

Closing/Refreshing Browsers

-migrated-

7 posts

Closing/Refreshing Browsers

Posted Apr 8, 2011 5:47 am

Why does my browser close/refresh every time I use Cheat Engine on certain games? Could it be that I'm increasing the numbers to much? The maximum is 9 9's (999999999).

Re: Closing/Refreshing Browsers

Posted Apr 8, 2011 11:08 am

Care to be more specific? What causes the crash? It's highly doubtful that simply by being there CE causes a browser crash.

A very common cause is incorrect value. For example, if the appearance is 4b*8 and you accidentally insert it as a non-8 multiplication (like 13.)

Re: Closing/Refreshing Browsers

Posted Apr 10, 2011 11:14 pm

An example is on "The Last Stand 2," when i change the value of hours, I do it by multiplying 12*8 (which is the starting number), then change it to 11*8 on 4 bytes/exact value. Then it says "An error has occured and IE, Firefox, or Chrome must shut down- blah blah blah.

Re: Closing/Refreshing Browsers

Posted Apr 11, 2011 10:36 am

Not every game follows 4b*8. Some are 4b*8+6, some are double, some are something else entirely, or maybe you selected the wrong address. There are many reasons.

Re: Closing/Refreshing Browsers

Posted Apr 16, 2011 2:22 am

Oh I know, but I just found out that it's because I was increasing the numbers wrong, as in if I'm supposed to multiply 200 by 8 and get 1600, I'd in increase it to 999999999, rather than another multiple of 8, so yeah.

This topic is locked.