Idle Ants
14 posts
RE: Idle Ants
bump. Hack improved
RE: Idle Ants
When I do this following happens
LZString is not defined
RE: Idle Ants
When in the instructions I said target gameiframe I did mean it. You were not supposed to skip that step https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/console/#execution-context
RE: Idle Ants
Maybe it`s asking too much but can you make a video walktrough or maybe a link to some pictures?
Thanks in advance
RE: Idle Ants
i got this (only pasting the first part cause there is a lot of it) but i don't really understand how the important values are stored so i'm not sure how to edit it usefully
{
"list": [
{
"q": "11077554.011244004986",
"u": true,
"id": "food",
"atw": true,
"a": [],
"w": "0.3",
"e": "1",
"b": "1",
"r": 100,
"p": [
[
RE: Idle Ants
to be honest I didn't try it myself goku, it's the first time I see the decrypted save :P
I can from your string that every entry in that list is an in game resource, q is quantity, u is unlocked, and id is the way to identify it, the rest are probably costs,modifiers and prestige stuff/upgrades. Just guessing here.
James you just need to open browser console, select gameiframe execution context(shown how to do in previous post in this topic) and paste the first snippet of javascript to retrieve and decrypt your savegame. At this point it will be in your clipboard and you'll be able to paste it inside a text file. You modify what you want in the decrypted save ( you can access it directly in the browser console as tempsave or in the text file but if you choose the text file you'll have to reassign tempsave to the modified textual version like so tempsave = "replace this text with the save but keep the quotes") and then execute the second snippet. At this point your modified save is stored but the game running might override it if you quit or if enough time since last save elapsed but fear not cause I got your covered. This time in your clipboard there will be the encrypted import string that you can use to manually load the game with your modified save game through the import/export feature.
I realize now that I assumed a level of expertise from hack users and didn't go in detail enough, thank you for bringing it up
RE: Idle Ants
the explanation helped, got it to work, then lost interest a few minutes later, rip
RE: Idle Ants
okay i got the first part working and i figured out the second part but the loading of the edited save back in didn't seem to work
RE: Idle Ants
when you are done modifying the save you paste
var importString = LZString.compressToBase64(JSON.stringify(tempSave)); localStorage.setItem('save',importString),copy(importString);
after you press enter the savestring to paste in the game import/export screen will be in your clipboard. You literally have to select the import box in game, paste to it and click the import button. The changes will go live.
RE: Idle Ants
i'm thinking this is missing a command to take the clipboard information and put it into 'tempsave'
RE: Idle Ants
too bad the console api doesn't have anything like that lol. That's all I can do leveraging the console api, I've had in mind to turn this snippet into a full fledged script that manages visual elements for ease of use but there doesn't seem to be much interest and I haven't really felt like it.
(PS in hindsight it would have been better not to mess with clipboard and force people to modify the save in situ)
PPS if you modify the save string in your clipboard you'll then have to paste it back in tempsave
E.G.
tempSave = [replace with modified save in your clipboard]
PPPS
RE: Idle Ants
A bit complicated to understand at first, but it works perfectly fine. Thanks a bunch!
I'll post these here for anyone who still doesn't understand, but your directions were more than enough.
1. http://prntscr.com/hsq1ta
2. http://prntscr.com/hsq288
3. http://prntscr.com/hsq2oz
Use these screenshots along with Zenwaichi's directions above.
RE: Idle Ants
Works great thanks