[Resolved] Recovery E-Mail won't arrive
Says email is sent, yet no mail shows up.
Recovery E-Mail won't arrive Posted on: 10/23/2020 9:36pm
Quote Post

Hey there,

I know this is frowned upon, but I simply won't receive a recovery e-mail for my original account, mrmr1992. Spammed the button repeatedly, but I wouldn't receive an e-mail. Which is odd, since from what I've learnt gmail should be fine; didn't end up in spam either and konghack isn't blacklisted. As far as I could see, there was no other way to contact an admin/the site than to create another account. 

Just wondering - what the hell is going on there?

Thanks in advance for your answers :-)

RE: Recovery E-Mail won't arrive Posted on: 10/24/2020 7:01am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Yeah, spamming the button repeatedly will probably land us in some kinda email hell.

https://konghack.com/member/238748-mrmr1992

Your account is fine.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Recovery E-Mail won't arrive Posted on: 10/26/2020 1:24am
Quote Post

Thanks for your quick reply; I did wait for a while before I, well, spammed it. Probably not the smartest move, I was wondering whether the browser may be to blame and hence went through a few. Strangely, I still don't get an email, having tried it once ~15 minutes ago. Guess the problem's on my end if you say everything's fine on konghack, you may as well delete mrmr1992 since I can't access it anymore.

RE: Recovery E-Mail won't arrive Posted on: 10/26/2020 2:47am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

It doesn't look like we're on any blacklists at present: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3akonghack.com&run=toolpage

Back in the day, we used a paid for email service that basically guaranteed delivery.  That's been gone for years now, and we just send out via standard sendmail.  It's not fancy, but it's free.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Recovery E-Mail won't arrive Posted on: 10/26/2020 1:10pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

you know... dont take it the wrong way but have you tried checking if the email inbox you are checking is the one for the account? 
I dont know how the system works so maybe my point is moot
posting a censored email to be sure could help?