Adblock Plus
-migrated-
Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/07/2010 7:33am
Quote Post
Ain't Adblock Plus wonderful? On this hacking forum, we already use it widely in order to locate and download the .swf files by opening it up in a new tab/window and saving the page.

Guess what? It can also be applied to bypass quicktime player! When you open an .mp3 file in your browser, it shows the quicktime player, but only allows you to save the file if you have quicktime pro, which you have to pay for. This is pretty ridiculous, and I don't want to buy the pro version, nor do I want to search for a free software that will allow downloading music files. Therefore, use Adblock Plus to open the .mp3 file in a new tab/window, and save the page. Voila, you've got the file without wasting a cent!

Now, I have to admit, I've used this method to cheat some websites (of $0.99) (but they had extremely bad security). For example, this small website had some (relatively unknown) mp3 file downloads for $0.99. However, they allowed users to listen to the music with a flash player (which completely defeats the purpose of selling it). So all I did was use Adblock Plus to locate the mp3 file in the popup flash player, copy the address, open it in a new tab, and download it!
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/07/2010 4:53pm
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
Yay, ABP!

lol idek why i still come here

Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/08/2010 10:00pm
Quote Post
I love AdBlock Plus. (broken image removed)
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/09/2010 12:33am
Quote Post
correct me if i'm wrong, but can this not be used on myspace?
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/09/2010 1:28am
Quote Post
On myspace to do what? You mean rip the mp3 files? I wouldn't know, I don't have a myspace...
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/09/2010 2:19am
Quote Post
There are two bodies of thought about Ad Blockers. Some love them (like us) and some hate them, with the reason being that they are losing revenue. I understand them to some degree...if Lost/Heroes, etc, didn't have ad breaks, how would they be paid for? I get into a bit of a loop when I think about how wonderful an ad free internet would be, but then, how would it prosper?

Tookie

Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/09/2010 5:00am
Quote Post
there are enough technologically illiterate people out there that use the internet to keep all of the internet ad ppl prosperous.

And pythag i dont have a myspace either. However, many bands that dont yet have a label or that havent yet released a particular cd/track, post their music on myspace. Those band's myspace can be accessed without having an account. Therefore, should it not be possible to rip the music from there???
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/09/2010 6:35am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Aerelyte"
there are enough technologically illiterate people out there that use the internet to keep all of the internet ad ppl prosperous.

Actually, although this used to be the case a couple years ago where Firefox used a small market share (used to be 5% in 2005) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_shar ... b_browsers), it's actually growing incredibly quickly and is about 25% of the market share in 2009. So Mozilla must be doing an incredibly good job, becuase I once heard a couple years ago that their biggest hurdle was reaching out to the technologically illiterate people and teaching them the difference between a browser and the internet. So add-ons suck as Adblock Plus are consequently going to also increase, and therefore a lot of ads are losing revenue.

Quote from: "Aerelyte"
And pythag i dont have a myspace either. However, many bands that dont yet have a label or that havent yet released a particular cd/track, post their music on myspace. Those band's myspace can be accessed without having an account. Therefore, should it not be possible to rip the music from there???

Ohh, I see. Very interesting, I wonder what you can do. If myspace had an inkling of security, though, they would play it from the server, not from the computer. The website I got it from was a pretty small website and had horrible security. However, I'd be willing to try, if somebody can lend me a myspace account and/or a link of an example of this.
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/09/2010 7:06am
Quote Post
idk if you are into this kinda music or anything, but try out

myspace.com/cth
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/09/2010 7:36am
Quote Post
Nope, I couldn't find anything. Myspace actually has SOME sort of security.
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/16/2010 12:55am
Quote Post
TBH, if there weren't technologically illiterate people in the world, I wouldn't be in a job, so I'm all for idiots!!!

Tookie

Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/24/2010 9:41pm
Quote Post
Technical Support from India?
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/24/2010 10:40pm
Quote Post
What? I'm a tech support analyst, but I'm not from India, I'm from the UK and give just as good (if not better) tech support for users.

Tookie

Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/25/2010 4:15pm
Quote Post
im sure you can use it on my space
because it blocks single files
Re: Adblock Plus Posted on: 01/25/2010 6:32pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Yes, it blocks single files, but the way Myspace encodes and decodes the MP3 stream, no tool I have can crack it... yet... (broken image removed)

The newer Myspace player has proven to be a complete pain to break. I have scoured the net and still don't have a way to handle it. (broken image removed)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez