Adblock Plus
Ain't Adblock Plus wonderful? On this hacking forum, we already use it widely in order to locate and download the .swf files by opening it up in a new tab/window and saving the page.
Guess what? It can also be applied to bypass quicktime player! When you open an .mp3 file in your browser, it shows the quicktime player, but only allows you to save the file if you have quicktime pro, which you have to pay for. This is pretty ridiculous, and I don't want to buy the pro version, nor do I want to search for a free software that will allow downloading music files. Therefore, use Adblock Plus to open the .mp3 file in a new tab/window, and save the page. Voila, you've got the file without wasting a cent!
Now, I have to admit, I've used this method to cheat some websites (of $0.99) (but they had extremely bad security). For example, this small website had some (relatively unknown) mp3 file downloads for $0.99. However, they allowed users to listen to the music with a flash player (which completely defeats the purpose of selling it). So all I did was use Adblock Plus to locate the mp3 file in the popup flash player, copy the address, open it in a new tab, and download it!
