Save the Goons
-migrated-

Wondering where the hacks are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Wondering where the sol files are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Save the Goons

-migrated-
Last Updated: 07/24/2010 11:58

Sorry, there are no badges available for this game.

Game Dscription
Block the Bombs! Save the Goons!
Save the Goons Posted on: 06/01/2010 5:04pm
Quote Post
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/537448

4 byte * 1 for the lives. Will take you 3/4 searches to find it, lots of numbers. So just lose one life in each of the first four levels until you find the value, freeze it at anything higher than 2 and you should be good to get all the medals. Probably take you 3 playthroughs:

One to play until level 12 and die, one to play to 12 and win, and maybe one to get 300k/400K points, unless you manage to get that on your second playthrough.
Re: Save the Goons Posted on: 06/01/2010 8:53pm
Quote Post
Since the medals aren't showing up yet, here's a list of what I found to exist by browsing the high-scorers:

Alive (These 6 come from playing)
Awake
Had Your Coffee
It Gets Much Faster
Don't Get Cocky
Cocky
Indomitable! (beat lvl 12 losing no goons during that level)
Indomitable-Not! (Die in lvl 12)
Humble Points (300k)
Mad Points (400k)
Capable of Winning (Beat lvl 12)

Edit: Yeah there are 3 other medals.

Intact (Lose no Hearts)
Chosen One (Lose no Goons)
Epic Points (450k points)

After a few failures it looks like you have to catch EVERY bomb to get the 450k.  This is really difficult since the rockets occasionally go offscreen without allowing you to catch them. I haven't been able to get it as of Wednesday. Only 3 people have done it in the high scores too.  Speedhack 0.1 was necessary from Level 9 onwards imo.

You CAN find the score by searching 4Bytes*1 with CE, but I couldn't get it to change.  Maybe trying it at the very end of the game?

Most useful hacks would be:

UFO doesn't move/rockets fly straight down,
Constant Big Size + Constant Shield + Constant Magnet,
Or AoB swaps.
Re: Save the Goons Posted on: 06/02/2010 9:51pm
Quote Post
Two new medals spotted, a picture of a heart and a picture of one of the pink egg guys you have to save.

Having trouble finding anything in the swf (if somebody who has knowledge can gimme a hand with finding stuff, i'm willing to learn), but i'm going to assume those are "don't lose any hearts" and "don't let anybody get hit" medals.

Swf is huge, 141 scripts in the action folder, and i'm not even sure what i'm looking for :oops:

Just tried to upload the swf as an attachment but it doesn't allow them here. Is it any help if i upload the swf?
Re: Save the Goons Posted on: 06/04/2010 4:23pm
Quote Post
Medals show on page now. Missing a few now. Even with speedhack at 0.2, i still lost two goons / two hearts, so i need those medals. Maybe i'll try 0.1 next..

450K is pretty easy though, got it on the last run when losing two goons. The other one is block all the falling red rockets that fall, and i think that might be broken.
Re: Save the Goons Posted on: 06/05/2010 12:12am
Quote Post
Yeah I switched to 0.1 for the last few levels.  

And Bomb Blocker must be broken, because I lost zero goons and the red bombs only drop on screen... Unless they include the rockets, which would be terrible.
Re: Save the Goons Posted on: 07/24/2010 11:58am
Quote Post
System Bot
Medal AoBs
2c e7 02 - Alive
2c ed 02 - Awake
2c 9e 03 - Had your coffee
2c ff 02 - Cocky
2c 84 03 - Don't get cocky
2c a1 03 - Humble Points
2c b4 03 - It gets much faster
2c f3 02 - Bomb Blocker
2c fb 02 - Capable of Winning
2c c6 03 - Mad Points
2c 89 03 - Epic Points
2c b1 03 - Indomitable!
2c b2 03 - Indomitable-Not!
2c b3 03 - Intact
2c fe 02 - Chosen One

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus