[Closed] Power Outage
Power Outage Posted on: 12/22/2013 11:04am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Michigan has lost a lot of power this morning due to the insane ice storms. The chat server should be back up, but it will be very short lived. Hopefully we will get power back soon, but who knows. We lost power for 3 days straight last year, and that was in the middle of summer.

UPDATE:
Power's still out, but the generator is holding strong.  We should be fine.  When power comes back, there will be another temporary outage as I switch power sources.  Who knows when that will be though.  From the Consumer's Energy outage map, it looks like the majority of lower Michigan is without power.

Update #2:
Fucking Charter is out now.  I can never catch a break. :(

Stay safe out there guys.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Power Outage Posted on: 12/22/2013 6:32pm
Quote Post
Looks can be deceiving.

You're telling us to stay safe? xD You're the one with the power that is out.
Stay safe Tim.

"Rudeness is Man's weak imitation of strength" -Eric Coffer
"Arrogance and Recklessness is the way of the young. Tolerance is the beauty of adulthood." -Nyanta

RE: Power Outage Posted on: 12/23/2013 2:39am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Great...  All day consumers had been reporting that our service would be restored tomorrow around noon.  Here's the new report, released around 9pm est.

Response for house number   2676
The estimated restoration time is only an estimate and represents the best information available at this time. Actual restoration time may vary from this estimate. Changes in weather and road conditions, as well as the extent of the outage will impact when service is actually restored. The restoration estimate shown here is the same information that is available through our telephone customer service representatives and our automated voice response system.

Estimated restoration times are updated regularly as we get better information. Please check back for the most current estimate. Thank you. 

We estimate that service will be restored by, 12/27/2013 11:30 PM

Fucking Friday....  It's going to cost roughly $25/day to keep the generator fueled.  Someone's got to stay at the house continually to monitor the generator and the heater I've got set up to try and prevent the plumbing from freezing.  We also have to make sure the sump is still running to prevent flooding.

Kinda funny how everything runs on juice. :P

RE: Power Outage Posted on: 12/23/2013 4:11am
Quote Post
Looks can be deceiving.

Ouch. That sucks.... Ususally when it rains really heavy here in Alabama, the power goes out. But only for a few hours/

"Rudeness is Man's weak imitation of strength" -Eric Coffer
"Arrogance and Recklessness is the way of the young. Tolerance is the beauty of adulthood." -Nyanta

RE: Power Outage Posted on: 12/25/2013 9:35pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer

Woa, that sucks. I wonder if you're still out of juice? Considering that your last post were a couple of days ago...

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: Power Outage Posted on: 12/25/2013 10:21pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Yup, we're still without power.  I managed to wire the generator into the fuse box, so we have heat now.

Small pockets of the town are getting power back.  Consumers' website indicates that the particular area I'm in is last in the list of things to be fixed, and we won't have power back till either late late Sunday night, or some time Monday.

UPDATE:

An hour later and we're fucking back in business!

RE: Power Outage Posted on: 12/25/2013 11:58pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 12/25/2013 7:21pm

Yup, we're still without power.  I managed to wire the generator into the fuse box, so we have heat now.

Small pockets of the town are getting power back.  Consumers' website indicates that the particular area I'm in is last in the list of things to be fixed, and we won't have power back till either late late Sunday night, or some time Monday.

UPDATE:

An hour later and we're fucking back in business!

All hail the magical Power!
Consequently, the chat is also back.

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: Power Outage Posted on: 12/27/2013 8:55am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Well, that was too good to be true.  Power is out again.

UPDATE:
Power came back last night. :P

Closing & Locking topic.