Skip to content
[Request]

Gems of War [Steam]

This discussion is linked to Gems of War. View game

170 posts

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Jul 4, 2016 6:18 am

I can't even see any link to download any of the trainers. I'm sorry but I am new to this site and I might have missed something but none of the trainers listed above have any links to download them.

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 6, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi, sorry for bringing back an almost dead topic. I was tinkering with CheatEngine and this game and I've managed to get the usual stuff but I'm struck with some stuff so maybe, some of the experienced users could give me a hint (o more).

    1. I was trying to find how to keep the AI form playing (by myself), but I can't find out how to do it. I was able to set turns for the TreasureHunt but not the AI thing. Could anyone explain how to do it?

    2. I was also trying to jumble the board a little bit. I saw that there is one hack about changing two gems (I'm sorry, but can not understand how it works). I would like to know if this is still possible, an if it is possible to find the whole board, I mean , having values like Green:1; Red:2... and have some address that begins with the first gem (i.e.: 01 01 05 01). I hope it is clear what I mean.

Summing up, I'm pretty new to hacking, but fortunately I have some understanding about coputers and I would like to give a shot.

Thank you very much for your time,
Juan.

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 7, 2016 2:18 am

about AI look for special effects like is the ai dazed or is the ai frozen. About gem color it's more complex than the best case scenario. If internally it stored an array of gem colors based on their position on the board it would be easy to find the data but that's the best case scenario. More likely, and it's not just a guess, there's a collection of structures that also contains the tile color. Also keep in mind the player uses the same ruleset as the AI so even a one hit kill hack would work against you unless you took even more preucations to circumvent it ( and unless you're gay about learning you won't walk that extra mile).

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 7, 2016 12:09 pm
Zenwaichi Posted on: 08/06/2016 10:18pm

about AI look for special effects like is the ai dazed or is the ai frozen.


Sorry, here I show I'm still a newbie. I've managed (I think this is the easiest part) to find the data related to every opponent, but I think you are talking about the AI as the 'other player'. I could think about checking the tutorial so in there the AI was frozen, but I must admit that I have no idea about how to do it.
I have found in the memory viewer this "4E 65 77 54 75 72 6E 24 00 00 as NewTurn$" I'll try if there is something that points here. How would you do what you said?
 

Zenwaichi Posted on: 08/06/2016 10:18pm

[...] More likely, and it's not just a guess, there's a collection of structures that also contains the tile color. [...]


I was only checking for color, so I foccused on a position and searched for value changed if it changed its previous color and unchanged if the color remained the same but I assume by your comment that every time that a position is filled by other gem (even if the color remains the same) some values (the whole structure) change.
I will try to find anything using that. Is there any approach you would use for that?
 

Zenwaichi Posted on: 08/06/2016 10:18pm

 Also keep in mind the player uses the same ruleset as the AI so even a one hit kill hack would work against you unless you took even more preucations to circumvent it ( and unless you're gay about learning you won't walk that extra mile).


Finally, I haven't tried to do anything to that but by what you say it seems like the last cheatEngine tutorial. I'll bear it in mind if I change anything. (And since English is not my mother language, I'm not very sure what do you mean with the your last laugh)

Thank you again for your time. I hope not to be a big pain in the ass.



 

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 7, 2016 12:24 pm

I think I was wrong about the AI part I am quite sure I confused this with a similar game. The rest is generic good advice. If it's your first attempt going mmo isn't ideal as they tend to be more complex and with more limitations. Learn from the basics and build on top of those.
Can't decide if I'm too lazy to actually  waste a couple hours to satisfy your curiosity or if I'm just aware that, if anything, showing you all that will do more harm than good. Sorry for anticlimatic reply

bonus: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/walk+the+extra+mile


the gem color: instead of a grid of colours think about a grid of pointers to structures(the 'gems'). You switch two of them it's not the color code that changed just the order of pointers themselves( but the structure each pointer refers too didn't change). Take this with a grain of salt... will hardly be useful in the foreseeable future

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 10, 2016 10:02 am
noobler3 Posted on: 06/26/2016 4:19pm

Seems all of the AOB change now so its harder to nail down. I use number of souls as a known value to quickly narrow it down. If  you use this for every battle it should generally stay to one result.

Kill exactly 1 enemy so you have 1 soul then Search AOB (the 01 is number of souls if you accidently get more):
00 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 00 00 00

New Value (gives you 9 treasure maps, 5 keys, 40 souls):
00 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 00 00 00

Same thing but also extra exp to level up after every battle:
00 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 00 00 00


Only problem is now I have like 3000 treasure maps and nothing to do with em just takes to long to use them and I cant find a way to make it faster.
 



Hey have a chance to increase chests keys or add gem keys? Im trying increase 05 value but not working :(

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 13, 2016 9:57 am
badam85 Posted on: 08/10/2016 6:02am
 

Hey have a chance to increase chests keys or add gem keys? Im trying increase 05 value but not working :(


I think those values are capped after the match ends so you can not get more than 5 keys.
 

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 13, 2016 11:06 am

Any update  raust? About the AI there should be an internal counter to store whose turn it is and it switches back and forth. The point is not to change the address in memory but the instructions that access it.

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Aug 14, 2016 3:02 pm
Zenwaichi Posted on: 08/13/2016 7:06am

Any update  raust? About the AI there should be an internal counter to store whose turn it is and it switches back and forth. The point is not to change the address in memory but the instructions that access it.



Well, about the AI, I've found the functions that control the turns. Just with NOPing one or two lines is enough to do it.
About gems, as you said they are a structure and each object GEM stores its tipe and position so it should be difficult to find them in memory unless you search for an specific structure (which I don't know yet, maybe someday will give it a try).

What I've managed to do is find how to change spawned gems in treasure hunt so I made that initial and falling gems can be anything from copper to a vault.

In other topic, I've got my main account banned. I think it was for messing with the connection with the server cool. I was trying to make TreasureHunts much more profitable but I only got to get a reward message saying I've won like 36 of each key that I didn't received. Shortly after that, banned.
 

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Sep 8, 2016 1:24 am

The only ones that seem to work for the PC/ Steam version are the AI doesn't move, Faster fuse animation, and the faster treasure hunt.

All are very appreciated, but it would be nice if some of the others that made loading faster worked.  The one hit kill hack would be amazing if it worked.

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Sep 8, 2016 4:17 pm

@ raust: any way you could give us the hack for bringing the gems up anywhere from copper to vault ?

edit: is it somehow possible that the 1 hit kill could work again ?

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Sep 9, 2016 7:36 pm
pushit1991 Posted on: 09/08/2016 12:17pm

@ raust: any way you could give us the hack for bringing the gems up anywhere from copper to vault ?


There you have it. Please, take note that above 10 vaults or so they start giving only 1 gold.

In another related topic. I presume it is normal but I've seen that some hacks get voted as not working when they do work. Please, don't do that. Ask for help instead.
 

RE: Gems of War [Steam]

Posted Sep 17, 2016 7:15 pm

I,m not home, but I'll do it during this week. In the meantime we have to enjoy the vanilla game.