[Information] About Proxies & VPNs
Since it seems people can't get along
About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 4:30pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Here at KongHack, we don't really give a shit if you use a proxy / vpn or not.  However, if you're going to use them, make sure no one else that uses them visits KongHack.

Let's say you're an innocent user, minding your own business, bouncing around in proxy town.  Some asshole decides to try to sign up using a proxy you've previously used.  This asshole gets banned, either by one of the staff, or automatically because he used a bad email address or what have you.  You're now banned too, since you shared an IP address with the offending account.

I've been telling people not to use proxies and vpns, as 99.99999% of people using them are using "free" or "public" proxies/vpns due to how effective our ban system is.

That said, THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING. Use Proxies and/or VPN services AT YOUR OWN RISK.  I WILL NOT unban you if an account you're tied to gets banned.  Fuck you, you've been warned, I'm not going over it again.  If you've been banned, unless you have an amazingly good reason, just stay banned and accept that you won't be signing onto KongHack any time soon.

If you want to see who you've shared an IP with, you can now view a sub-set of spider data via the My Security page in the UCP.  The current link is: https://konghack.com/ucp/my_security.php but this is subjec to change (that is, when I find the time to convert it to a route)

Good Day.
~TiM

All of these people are tied together as one massive cluster fuck of IPs.  This doesn't include the banned, point dropped, and deleted accounts, of which there's around a hundred or so.  158 active accounts...

@

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 5:16pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Well, that looks like shit, and the first guy probably got a dozen or so emails while I was testing, but god damn that's a lot of names...

UPDATE: Fixed the extra spacing issue.  For some reason, the system was adding a non-breaking space filled p tag inbetween elements.  Just str_replaced that shit out.  Anyway, let's see if we get any replies. :D

str_replace('<p>&nbsp;</p>','',$html)

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 6:11pm
Quote Post

Sorry I use VPN but I have to wen I'm at school Kong hacks blocked

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 6:22pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Just remember, if anyone who's shared your IP becomes banned for any reason, you'll become banned as well.  The ban system only spiders out 1 level.  The admin spider feature will spider out indefinitely.  The initial person I scanned bdaniel1987 and the spider went from there.

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 6:23pm
Quote Post

Well im on the list too. Am i still going to be banned if someone has that problem you mentioned even if I do not login with proxy anymore?  It just happens with those proxy apps like ZenMate buddy.. Anyways

Stilll  Thank You For the Warning  @The Ignorant Masses

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 6:27pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Thanks TzTokJam for getting what this is all about.  I'm not banning people, deleting accounts, etc.  I'm simply letting everyone know how the system works and what to watch out for.

Once you've logged in via an IP, it's remembered indefinitely.  As of right now, everything's handled on a case by case basis in terms of clearing bans and manually removing IP addresses.  There are no automated systems involved.

To address your question, yes.  You've logged in with 108 different IP addresses.  The odds are pretty good that if one of the people on that list does something stupid to get banned, you'll get caught up in the cross-fire.

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 6:52pm
Quote Post
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fucking Singapore... On a side note "mentioned in this post" is nifty.

Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 6:53pm
Quote Post

I'm a bit confused as to why I'm on this list. To my knowledge, I don't use a proxy. Could I get some clarification as to what IP I was logged in please? Thank you for the warning though, I'm glad you're letting us know about what might happen.

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 6:57pm
Quote Post
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Do you happen to be from Singapore?

Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 7:50pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Singapore seems to be notorious for IP reuse.

Anyway, instead of me posting IPs, looking up IPs, etc. you can now view a list of people you "match" with.

https://konghack.com/ucp/my_security.php

The My Security page has always been there (it's old as shit and has the .php at the end, come on), and it now displays a PORTION of our spider at the bottom.

Our spider crawls EVERYTHING.  This display is only direct associations, not the full spider web.  This URL WILL be changing once I convert this shit to a route.  When that will happen, I don't know.

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 9:37pm
Quote Post

Thanks for the reminder TIM one question

Is this tracking our IP from just when we log into the forum or also when we load up the trainer program independently?

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 10:21pm
Quote Post
kill first,die last

I noticed that I am on the list...please...I had to use Zenmate VPN in order to get on Konghack while in school since KH is blocked..Sorry about that, but I was only trying to get on KH in school. In fact, I have to use the Zenmate VPN to post this message because KH keeps on redirecting me to shocksites. Any help please? What should I do?!?! Thanks in advance...

~zombies eat brains, so don't worry most of u will be fine~

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 11:16pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
karshgaia Posted on: 04/08/2015 5:37pm

Is this tracking our IP from just when we log into the forum or also when we load up the trainer program independently?

It tracks IPs from all authentication sources.

I've just "dumped" the entire IP log.  This will "reset" any duplicate connections.  This also means we're going to have to deal with the potential for a flood of morons to come back to the site and start shit again.  On a positive note, any time you change IPs, the last known IP is logged to your account.  That means I will be "reloading" the log with 1 IP per person.

Be sure to take into consideration whenever you do something crazy online like use freen services that can literally watch everything you do because they are sitting in the middle of your connection.  I could easily spend a half hour setting up a proxy service that logs everything you do, including usernames, passwords, and keystrokes.

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/08/2015 11:27pm
Quote Post
kill first,die last
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 04/08/2015 7:16pm
karshgaia Posted on: 04/08/2015 5:37pm

It tracks IPs from all authentication sources.

I've just "dumped" the entire IP log.  This will "reset" any duplicate connections.  This also means we're going to have to deal with the potential for a flood of morons to come back to the site and start shit again.  On a positive note, any time you change IPs, the last known IP is logged to your account.  That means I will be "reloading" the log with 1 IP per person.

Be sure to take into consideration whenever you do something crazy online like use freen services that can literally watch everything you do because they are sitting in the middle of your connection.  I could easily spend a half hour setting up a proxy service that logs everything you do, including usernames, passwords, and keystrokes.

Alrighty, thanks so much, Tim! I will remember your warning (in fact, I've already put some post-it notes on the wall reminding me not to use VPNs while on KH xD) 

~zombies eat brains, so don't worry most of u will be fine~

RE: About Proxies & VPNs Posted on: 04/09/2015 12:47pm
Quote Post
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 04/08/2015 3:50pm

Singapore seems to be notorious for IP reuse.

Yeah, I'm in Singapore too and I'm not at all surprised that I showed up on this list. The pool of available IP addresses is very limited, it seems, and "dynamic" cable connections (like mine) will hop around within that pool.

Thanks for the notification, TIM... hope noone in the pool screws up badly enough to warrant a pban.