Skip to content
Locked

Opening up forums for public access.

28 posts

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Dec 31, 2015 4:12 am

Honestly i like this idea. I reasonably frequently am on an internet where logging in to see posts and whatnot can reveal my info... and don't always have access to a program that can interrupt the data i send to the router. This way i don't have to risk login info in orde to make sure i'm always up to date on any major changes.

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Dec 31, 2015 4:51 am
ari5667 Posted on: 12/30/2015 11:12pm

Honestly i like this idea. I reasonably frequently am on an internet where logging in to see posts and whatnot can reveal my info... and don't always have access to a program that can interrupt the data i send to the router. This way i don't have to risk login info in orde to make sure i'm always up to date on any major changes.


You do know that we force everything over HTTPS, right?  A VPN is your next step up.  Just don't use a public one. :P

I'm talking about making a forum or two public.  For example, opening up tutorials, or talk, or the site improvement/suggestions forums, or a game-specific forum might draw in more users, since they'll have something to look at.


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Dec 31, 2015 4:58 am

the off topic section needs to stay private

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Jan 13, 2016 2:06 pm

I dont see any real reason not to open alot of forums publicly, I am personally considering doing that to vhgaminghub to attempt to attract new visitors though I am no where near where you guys are, and am not as focused on a single topic. 

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Jan 15, 2016 7:09 am

thanks for the VPN idea tim. Also I think that as well as the marketing site, also add maybe some of the more basic tutorials into the public area... like essentially cheat engine for dummies, for the people who didn't use the actual cheat engine tutorial

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Jan 15, 2016 9:49 pm

If the public forums are clearly marked as public, and the private/members only threads/forum sections are marked, it shouldn't make too much of a problem. I know that I hesitated to join because I wasn't sure what I was going to find inside. Now that I'm here, I don't talk much, but I'm glad to see the tips and hints, as well as the tutorials - more than just the hacks. It gives me a way to see how much more I have to learn. Thus, short(er) answer - sounds good, let's go for it.

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Mar 5, 2016 2:08 am

Yeah, having some public forums doesn't seem to be too much of a problem, especially if you can reverse it pretty easily.

RE: Opening up forums for public access.

Posted Apr 13, 2016 6:53 am

Sounds good and might get some additional members to the site if they can see what we get up too and what we can offer lol, as we dont just hack games we also try and help others learn how to code there own stuff.

This topic is locked.