[Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals
-migrated-
[Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 11:34am
Quote Post
I want to warn everyone who has tried to level up by creating referral accounts and/or using KBH/save files. Kongregate will perm ban you if you do this after being warned about it.

Having a look on the best scores in the last month, I came across the user "rayovallecano" (is he amongst us?) who has been perm banned for referral abuse. Usually when someone gets perm banned, it's due to trolling or cheating but is usually someone who doesn't care about their account and will just create another one. However, this guy had over 100 comments and over 200 shouts and I kinda feel sorry for him (like dying in a long DnD game).

The account "Kongregate" wrote the following on his shouts:

"The administration has received complaints about your referral abuse and has permanently banned your account. Please remember that you are bound by the Kongregate Terms of Service, and have been asked multiple times not to abuse our referral system. You have refused to listen to those warnings and have instead tried to outsmart the admins by creating new and different ways to do what we asked you not to in the first place. Do not attempt to return to the site until you can respect its rules."

So guys, be careful, and forget making referrals.

Tookie

Re: WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:03pm
Quote Post
lol yea, i got 1012 pts removed because of that
Re: WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:05pm
Quote Post
wow. I'm glad I'm careful with it. I make referral accounts every now and then and level them up slowly but I put in REAL referrals as well. Never been caught.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:13pm
Quote Post
I don't use referrals.
Re: WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:21pm
Quote Post
Personally, I think that's kind of sad. I have a couple real referrals, but the thought of using alt accounts just for a few extra points... lame.
Ah well- to each their own...
Re: WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:29pm
Quote Post
I only did it in the lower levels, it isn't worth it now really when the gap between each level is almost 1000 points. However it does get you quite a few points. roughly 100 if I remember correctly.

Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 3:38pm
Quote Post
You get points for each referral up to level 10:

15 for the sign up (and activity),
88 points for the levelling up, totalling: 103 points per referral.

It looks and seems like a nice way to level up, BUT as I said, Kong DO punish for it, so if you're wanting to do it, don't make it obvious....for those of you wishing to reach the leaderboard...forget it.

Tookie

Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 6:08pm
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
Quote from: "tookie"
You get points for each referral up to level 10:

15 for the sign up (and activity),
88 points for the levelling up, totalling: 103 points per referral.

It looks and seems like a nice way to level up, BUT as I said, Kong DO punish for it, so if you're wanting to do it, don't make it obvious....for those of you wishing to reach the leaderboard...forget it.

Not really worth it, it takes a long time...

lol idek why i still come here

Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/25/2009 11:04pm
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
Quote from: "Hex"
taking time and risk of ban to bump up a virtual number a bit is pointless.

Umm, If that's the case, why do we do this?

lol idek why i still come here

Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/26/2009 7:13am
Quote Post
Because it's fun!
Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/27/2009 6:09am
Quote Post
i used to do it...but i wont be anymore...thanks for the post
Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/27/2009 9:27am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Hex"
Seriously, what's the point? I can understand the feeling of completion at getting badges that would otherwise take a long time, but taking time and risk of ban to bump up a virtual number a bit is pointless.

The sheer excitement of getting closer to the leaderboard, the user I cited was already a level 50.

Speaking of levels, what is everyone's level?

Tookie

Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/27/2009 10:39am
Quote Post
Quote from: "tookie"
The sheer excitement of getting closer to the leaderboard, the user I cited was already a level 50.

Speaking of levels, what is everyone's level?

Forty****** with all badges. Only one forum member knows my Kong name and that's how I like it. :?:
Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/27/2009 4:54pm
Quote Post
I'm less than fifty. That's all I'm saying. Only one person on here knows who I am, everyone else thinks I'm asmodous and that's how it's staying (broken image removed)

For the record you can get to level 10 (last referral level) quite easily just off sols and easily hackable games (eg BTD) but getting from level 1 to level 10 in a day is stupid.

Re: [Sticky] WARNING in regards to referrals Posted on: 03/27/2009 11:05pm
Quote Post
but once you run out of badges, its hard to get points. i dont have too many referrals myself, but im trying to get them (not by making alts and leveling them up myself)

also, is there a larger leaderboard than the one just on the homepage?