question about kongregate ???
-migrated-
question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/27/2009 9:31pm
Quote Post
When Kongregate takes a game off of the badge list, where does it go or is it just deleted. What I was looking for are the games that got badges before I became a member so I can get more badges, if thats at all possible.

Does anyone know.

cudac30
Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/27/2009 10:44pm
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
Quote from: "cudac30"
When Kongregate takes a game off of the badge list, where does it go or is it just deleted. What I was looking for are the games that got badges before I became a member so I can get more badges, if thats at all possible.

Does anyone know.

cudac30

That never, ever happens.

lol idek why i still come here

Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/27/2009 11:08pm
Quote Post
you can view how many badges you have/dont have by clicking on the "achievements" button

i know of no badges ever being removed.
Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/27/2009 11:38pm
Quote Post
Draw Play 2 was removed (and with it the badge).

I never got the badge, but the dev removed the game because of too many negative comment (glitchy as hell). Kong pulled the badge later. That's the only one I know of.
Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/28/2009 11:43am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Pyrum"
Draw Play 2 was removed (and with it the badge).

I never got the badge, but the dev removed the game because of too many negative comment (glitchy as hell). Kong pulled the badge later. That's the only one I know of.
They moved the badge to Draw Play 3.
Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/28/2009 11:57am
Quote Post
The two badges that got removed are as follows.

Impossible badge - get 700 headshots in one game in last stand.

This got editted to hard badge so that people could still get it but would get less points, those lucky enough to get it before it changed kept their points. I personally was crap at last stand and didn't manage to get it before they changed it.

medium - beat Draw play 2

This got editted to medium badge on draw play 3 due to the developer being a whiny little snot who couldn't take bad comments.

Only two that have ever been removed to be modified. There's a few which the points have been changed for but the spec stayed the same.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/28/2009 2:21pm
Quote Post
Thanks everyone for the info you have given me, I just thought that there were games offered with badges before I became a member and after a certain length of time they drop it from the list.

cudac30
Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/29/2009 4:33am
Quote Post
Pillage the Village had 2 hard badges before.
One of them is a medium badge now.
Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/29/2009 8:02am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Maximillian"

This got editted to hard badge so that people could still get it but would get less points, those lucky enough to get it before it changed kept their points. I personally was crap at last stand and didn't manage to get it before they changed it.

medium - beat Draw play 2

This got editted to medium badge on draw play 3 due to the developer being a whiny little snot who couldn't take bad comments.

Only two that have ever been removed to be modified. There's a few which the points have been changed for but the spec stayed the same.

They don't count.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/29/2009 1:12pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Maximillian"

This impossible (700 headshoots, which I got) was changed to one medium (complete the game) and one hard (500 headshoots)
It got changed because you could get 99 shoots with the rifle (glitch which still works, I think) and because you could replay the last day to get enough headshoots (just die with 1 zombie remaining and replay), which made it an easy impossible badge.
Re: question about kongregate ??? Posted on: 03/29/2009 2:41pm
Quote Post
The speedrun badge for Asteroid's Revenge is now hard difficulty but when it was first released, it was an impossible for a few hours.

Wreckanoid - a revamped Breakout game - was given a hard badge to complete a certain mode but there was a big problem with the badge not being awarded so it was taken off and never given one since.