Skip to content

Penguinz (supposedly getting badges)

-migrated-

This discussion is linked to Penguinz. View game

52 posts

Re: Penguinz (supposedly getting badges)

Posted Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Root Variable mods scare me... I'm determined to learn them, though..

lol idek why i still come here

Re: Penguinz (supposedly getting badges)

Posted Apr 17, 2009 8:55 pm

I can do all the _level0/:variable shit it's just arrays I can't do and I wish I could.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Penguinz (supposedly getting badges)

Posted Apr 18, 2009 12:50 am
Quote from: "skuff"
Root Variable mods scare me... I'm determined to learn them, though..

They're pretty straight forward though;)(bytecode modification is really pain lately because of all the new swf deviant encryptions they use)
On another side, some devs are now adding some crypted variables backup to double check, so CE and root variables straight mod wont work.

Re: Penguinz (supposedly getting badges)

Posted Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm
Quote from: "KongregateHack"
I guess all you need is Cheat Engine, a decompiler and maybe a hex editor?


A nice cup of coffee doesn't go far wrong either.

lol idek why i still come here

Re: Penguinz (supposedly getting badges)

Posted Apr 19, 2009 12:42 am
Quote from: "KongregateHack"
I guess all you need is Cheat Engine, a decompiler and maybe a hex editor?

a hex editor is of course enough in the absolute.

But when it comes to most protection techniques that they use lately, it's a mess. Unprotecting the hijacked swfs required deep swf format knowledge as well as some minor coding to reverse those things.

In the end it's nothing very hard but it can be quite time taking.