Z-rox "Old school hacking"
-migrated-
Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 05/10/2009 4:38pm
Quote Post
In the old days they had a thing called "brute hacking." I thought I'd try and find a game where I could use this and I found one.

Play a game though and let it lose. Open up a macro program and look at the comments for z-rox until you find a list of the 1-100 answers. Click record on the macro program and click on the middle of the game that you had just lost. Type in all the answers hitting enter after each answer. When you have all 100 recorded stop the macro from recording. Go into the options of the macro program and speed it up as fast as possible.

Start up the random z-rox game and hit play on the macro. If your computer is fast enough it should spam about 5-10 answers per second allowing you to get as high of score as you want.
Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 05/10/2009 5:05pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Slaw"
In the old days they had a thing called "brute hacking." I thought I'd try and find a game where I could use this and I found one.

Play a game though and let it lose. Open up a macro program and look at the comments for z-rox until you find a list of the 1-100 answers. Click record on the macro program and click on the middle of the game that you had just lost. Type in all the answers hitting enter after each answer. When you have all 100 recorded stop the macro from recording. Go into the options of the macro program and speed it up as fast as possible.

Start up the random z-rox game and hit play on the macro. If your computer is fast enough it should spam about 5-10 answers per second allowing you to get as high of score as you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SJavBZVJ6c

You mean like that :roll:

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 05/10/2009 5:47pm
Quote Post
Sort of but not exactly. On that game each level is going to have an exact answer. Level 1 is always going to be "u,d,l,r" or whatever it is. This will never change.

In Z-rox each level is different. You wont ever play a game where each level is the same. So for this you have to spam random "possible" answers until 1 works.
Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 05/10/2009 6:17pm
Quote Post
ya macros are old skools hacking, for a game like this, still involves trial and error
Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 05/20/2009 8:49pm
Quote Post
If you want to go for the Extreme Random Attack mode badge, what you can do is search for how many levels you get right on each round of it *8. The address will stay the same throughout it. Then just change it to 160 (don't lock) and lose the next round! VOILA!
Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 05/20/2009 11:09pm
Quote Post
Tryied that method, it would never register for me. I had to use the above method for it to work.
Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 08/14/2009 10:40pm
Quote Post
I know this thread is a little old, but I found an easy way for people who don't want to mess with the macros.

1) open CE
2) start the game and search for an unknown value (value type double)
3) scan decreased value and next scan a couple times.
4) the time is listed in seconds *1
5) freeze the time and then just skip a buncha times til u find 20 easily recognized patterns.

This method took me around 5 minutes to complete the extreme random badge including the search for the timer.

hope this helps somebody.
Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 08/26/2009 2:24pm
Quote Post
very nice find
Re: Z-rox "Old school hacking" Posted on: 08/27/2009 1:48pm
Quote Post
i think that method was used on an old kongregatehack video, i scanned for time and froze it then searched for level*8 and brought it to above 160 then lost for the badge...though in actuality this should have been an impossible badge cause there is almost no way that someone is gonna be able to do it in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pv4NyCRps