Cheat Engine Problem
-migrated-
Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/20/2009 2:43pm
Quote Post
I dont know if this is the right place to put this, if its not im sorry. But anyways, since cheat engine 5.5 came out i havnt been able to hack any games, even ones ive hacked before. Is there any way to fix this problem? I have already reinstalled, and even tried going back to 5.4, but same problem was still there. I am running Vista, and cheat engine IS set to run as administrator. Help please?
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/20/2009 6:17pm
Quote Post
Can you give us a fuller description of what's happening? Like any error messages, or weird things that are happening when using CE?

Tookie

Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/20/2009 11:35pm
Quote Post
There are no error messages, its just when i search for ANY value, and when i try to narrow down any search i always end up with no values. Like i said, its not even working on games ive hacked before, so i know its not my own personal error. I cant even find arrays of bytes that are posted here. But there isnt any error message, so i dont know what else to say.
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/21/2009 12:17am
Quote Post
When you uninstall CE, are there any remains of files in the folder? Sometimes the .tmp file gets locked, you can try using an unlocker program (like Unlocker) to unlock it and delete it.

Try installing CE to another folder like C:tempCE as it could be something to do with folder permissions, I know that the Program Files folder in Vista has a higher level of permission protection than other folders.

Tookie

Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/21/2009 11:58am
Quote Post
I installed it to another folder, which didnt work, but then i was wondering if it was just internet explorer, and since whenever i watch one of the video's its always firefox being used, i decided to try that. it worked. Thank you so much for the help though, i really apreciate it.
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/21/2009 7:03pm
Quote Post
I'm guessing you might have locked onto Explorer.exe instead of iexplorer.exe which a lot of people do on accident.
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/21/2009 8:42pm
Quote Post
i was using the windows list to select it, not the process.
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/22/2009 12:17pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "MrShOtGuN"
i was using the windows list to select it, not the process.

I usually tend to just search for the process (I use FF most of the time btw). That way, you'll never get the wrong process...only Chrome is good to use the window only process thing.

Tookie

Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/22/2009 1:26pm
Quote Post
I am having a problem with CE too, the error message Failure enabling speedhack (DLL injection failed) pops up when I try to speed hack. Any clue on how to fix this?
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 06/22/2009 3:54pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "ZARZ"
I am having a problem with CE too, the error message Failure enabling speedhack (DLL injection failed) pops up when I try to speed hack. Any clue on how to fix this?
Reinstall Cheat Engine and/or install another version (5.3+).
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 07/25/2010 7:28am
Quote Post
i have the same problem. i can't find any aobs or narrowed down search results. i used to use CE without any problems. but i can't use it on anything anymore. i even downloaded the latest version but it doesn't work anymore.

i think it's because of ff. i may have made a mistake. ff keeps freezing and gives me a white screen. they said that can be caused because of some apps, and i should start ff in safe mode with deactivating all apps. i did. it didn't help a bit. and now CE doesn't work :cry: of course i re-activated all the apps but CE still can't give me any results anymore

what should i do?
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 07/25/2010 9:16am
Quote Post
Are you selecting the plugin-container.exe process instead of firefox.exe?
Re: Cheat Engine Problem Posted on: 07/05/2011 11:58pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "ZARZ"
i have that same problem but with CE 6.1