Take Something Literally
-migrated-
Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 4:01pm
Quote Post
http://www.kongregate.com/games/badben/take-something-literally

Nice logical game where you have 25 levels that you have to pass by doing what the game tells you to do...it's not that hard, but some levels get you stumped, so lets keep the solutions in "spoiler" mode, ok?

[color]I editted this post so it now contains all the answers ~Max[/color]

Level 1: Click and drag and throw the remove sign out of the game window
Level 2: Hit the spacebar 10 times
Level 3: Right click and click "do that!"
Level 4: Turn your caps lock key on and off with the light on the screen
Level 5: Go around the outside of the screen to get to the Push button
Level 6: The safe zone goes around the screen in the corners in a clockwise fashion, so make sure that your mouse pointer is where it will appear next before you start this level
Level 7: Click start and then click tab and hit space
Level 8: Open the URL given in a separate page and click the tickbox outside of the gaming field on the right hand side
Level 9: Hit spacebar 10 times and enter key 10 times
Level 10: Refresh the page to win this level
Level 11: Type in "xcvbn" without the speech marks.
Level 12: Press up, down, left, right on the arrow keys
Level 13: Roll the mouse wheel away from you
Level 14: Click twenty times
Level 15: Type in "nicegame" (without the speech marks)
Level 16: I'm not sure how to do this without a microphone, but if you have a microphone, you need to blow on it, or easier is just to tap on it several times until the flame "blows" out
Level 17: Click on the 4 corners of the playing field (where the cursor changes to a hand)
Level 18: Click on start and then "draw" a box around the whole screen (your desktop screen is fine, it will work that way)
Level 19: You need a webcam for this one (I'm not sure how to do it without one), make a lot of motion when the green light is on, and stop moving when the red light is lit, after about three or four lights, you win
Level 20: Press F5 to refresh the page and then click "Agree and Start" three times
Level 21 & 22: Open one tab with the game in it on kong. Open up another with the game in it from his URL, Then, open ping on kong, and pong in his site. When the ball hits the ping paddle, change to his site, and after about 5 seconds, you'll see the ball in the other side, it will then bounce off the pong paddle, so look at the ping screen and a second or two later the ball comes, hits the paddle and the it's completed both of them.
Level 23: Change the date on your PC clock to one day ago
Level 24: Type in "ofcourse" (without speech marks)
Level 25: Type in "theend" (without speech marks)

Tookie

Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 4:40pm
Quote Post
FOR LEVELS 21 AND 22, LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST (broken image removed)

Seems you missed you level 11 there (broken image removed)

Here it is

Level 2:
In the middle of the screen you will be able to select some text. Select it and read it.

Level 11:
Make your screen brightness brighter and you will see a password there

More to come when I get that far (broken image removed). Good game (broken image removed)

EDIT: YES I GOT LEVELS 21 AND 22 (broken image removed). FINALLY (broken image removed)

Level 21 and 22 (broken image removed)
Open one browser with the game in it. Open up another with the game in it too (I used his link so that Kong can get my score - His URL. Then, open pong in HIS URL, and ping in the Kong site. When the ball hits the ping paddle, change to his site, and after about 5 seconds, you'll see the ball in the other side :). The it will bounce off the pong paddle, and look at the ping screen and a second or two later you the ball comes, hits the paddle and viola! Finished it (broken image removed)

That's a good game. Finally finished it (broken image removed)
Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 4:43pm
Quote Post
Sol location (if you're that desperate) is:

Code: [Select]
www.thisisgameplay.com (yep it's even got it's own folder)

Tookie

Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 4:52pm
Quote Post
For level 11 (just to clarify) the password is "xcvbn" and not xevbn like I (doh!) was trying without any luck...

I'm still stumped by level 21/22, I have an idea, but it doesn't seem to work:

on the ping level, when the ball hits your bat, it makes a sound, my idea was to click the I give up button and then go to the pong level to hit the ball back...but this didn't work...anyone got any ideas?

Tookie

Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 5:22pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "tookie"
For level 11 (just to clarify) the password is "xcvbn" and not xevbn like I (doh!) was trying without any luck...

I'm still stumped by level 21/22, I have an idea, but it doesn't seem to work:

on the ping level, when the ball hits your bat, it makes a sound, my idea was to click the I give up button and then go to the pong level to hit the ball back...but this didn't work...anyone got any ideas?

I did the same password for level 11 (broken image removed). Also I had the same idea for level 21 and 22 :S. Great minds think alike as they say (broken image removed)

Edit: Also just to clarify level 20:
Right click, press play, when your back at the start, click start and agree, and you'll have one bar in the battery. Do this 4ish times more and you'll have a full battery and a finished level :)
Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 5:30pm
Quote Post
Lol, opaque, thanks for the compliment.

I've just tried to edit the sol...not a good idea, the game doesn't let you back in....

Edit: There's an option in the sol "iwashere" which is 3 on my sol, I think this might have something to do with level 21/22...no idea what to do though, (broken image removed)

Tookie

Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 5:34pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "tookie"
Lol, opaque, thanks for the compliment.

I've just tried to edit the sol...not a good idea, the game doesn't let you back in....

Ouch :S. Delete the .sol and try again? You have most of the answers anyway (broken image removed)
Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 5:44pm
Quote Post
Damn, 21/22 has well and truly stumped me, and I'm guessing it's something so simple and easy to do...

Edit: the sol key I posted above has no relevance on this level.

Edit 2: Kudos to opaque for solving the last two levels.

Tookie

Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 5:59pm
Quote Post
Haha well done opaque. I got bored and AoB'ed a while ago :roll:
Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 6:04pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Derek"
Haha well done opaque. I got bored and AoB'ed a while ago :roll:

Thanks, it wasn't easy (broken image removed). How did you AoB? I suppose I could look for it myself before asking, but its 4AM here and I've got a lab due tomorrow I'm working on while doing this :oops:, so I'm just resorting to asking you for now (broken image removed)
Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 6:07pm
Quote Post
Derek, you AOBd a game like this? There should be a law about that (broken image removed) Feel free to share for those who want it though (broken image removed)

Tookie

Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 6:20pm
Quote Post
No point in sharing the individual codes since using the guide is easier. All I did was rip the call for the win function and place it in the initialisation code for any puzzle I couldn't solve (16 and 21/22, although I could've done it for any of them)
Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 9:25pm
Quote Post
a #16 code would be nice. #19 can be done without a video camera by moving your mouse in the box below the green light and keeping it still in the box on the red light.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/04/2009 10:38pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Maximillian"
a #16 code would be nice. #19 can be done without a video camera by moving your mouse in the box below the green light and keeping it still in the box on the red light.

Sounds like it would work but it keeps asking me to allow or deny the second I confirm either. :S
Re: Take Something Literally Posted on: 10/05/2009 6:35am
Quote Post
Quote from: "DeathsCreation"
Quote from: "Maximillian"

Sounds like it would work but it keeps asking me to allow or deny the second I confirm either. :S

Yeah, it did that one my desktop too, I couldn't get rid of the box asking for permission to use the camera...as I didn't have one connected, I had to connect a camera and reopen the game to get it working.

Tookie