Age of War 2
-migrated-
Age of War 2 Posted on: 01/09/2010 7:09pm
Quote Post
http://www.maxgames.com/play/age-of-war-2.html

Hacks? I'll try the basics now. (broken image removed)

EDIT: Money is *1 4 Byte. Probably everything else is too. (broken image removed)
Only did Money and Xp in this video. (broken image removed)
VIdeo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54hPtX3j9do
Age of War 2! Posted on: 01/15/2010 5:44pm
Quote Post
Hi guys, new to this site. Always been a fan of playing around and hacking flash games, but I wanted to try more advanced things (finding a value and just changing it is far too trivial and doesn't even work on every game, plus I like exploring other methods!).

Anyways, Age of War 2 has been released over at maxgames : http://www.maxgames.com/play/age-of-war-2.html

My intention was to explore AoBs using the nifty video tutorial by Maximillian and pretty much the rest of the respective thread, its a great source of information and a great place to start.

Anyway, I download the .swf from the site (here : http://farm.maxgames.com/AgeOfWar2_final2OTM3.swf) and then try and fire it up using firefox (i wanted to have a little play and see what things i'd like to change).

Uh oh, what's this? "This game can only be played from maxgames.com! Your domain: localhost !"

Nevertheless, I fire up SoThink and attach Ageofwar2. I really don't see much, but notice "Mochi" references. I quick search on this site leads to beleive that it is some sort of protection. Even if I ignored the fact that I can't run the game on my computer, I don't seem to have access to the "Action" location that I do on almost every other game ive tried.

Any help on this will be much appreciated. If the whole Mochi thing is way over my head (it most likely is), ill just have to try other games. (broken image removed)

EDIT: God damn there is another thread here : http://forum.kongregatehack.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1752&p=16870&hilit=age+of+war+2#p16870. Should have probably posted this in there, feel free to merge them.
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 01/16/2010 12:01am
Quote Post
Mochi is a reference to the mochigames site and mochiads network - all it usually means is that they're using mochiads in the game.

There is a mochi module that obfuscates integer values, but I've only seen this in use on one game.

As you can tell from the first post to this thread, there's no real protection and you can beat it very quickly by using CE to search for XP, Gold and castle health * 1 and setting them to large values (or freezing them).

The game can only be played from maxgames.com is just a site lock, which is set under the net.louissi.Alpha1.EngineStart class:
Code: [Select]
public function EngineStart()
{
ALLOWED_DOMAINS = ["maxgames.com", "farm.maxgames.com"];
trace("start engine");
super(MAIN_CLASS, Preloader, STAGE_WIDTH, STAGE_HEIGHT, IS_LOADING_EMBEDDED, ALLOWED_DOMAINS, MOCHIBOT);
stop();
return;
}// end function

This just calls the Engine method in the net.louissi.Moon.Engines.Engine class, which has the code (where param6, as can be seen above is ALLOWED_DOMAINS:
Code: [Select]
if (param6.length == 0 || param6.indexOf(_loc_10.domain) != -1)
{
stop();
addEventListener(Event.ADDED_TO_STAGE, addedToStagehandler);
this.mainClassName = param1;
this.preloaderClass = param2;
RessourceManager.getInstance().isLoadingEmbedded = param5;
GlobalVars.stage = stage;
GlobalVars.stageWidth = param3;
GlobalVars.stageHeight = param4;
}
else
{
_loc_11 = new TextField();
_loc_11.text = "This game can only be played from maxgames.com! Your domain: " + _loc_10.domain + " !";
_loc_11.width = _loc_11.textWidth + 5;
_loc_11.selectable = false;
addChild(_loc_11);
}
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 01/17/2010 1:13am
Quote Post
Hey, thanks deity! Had no problem with hacking the game through the maxgames site using CE.

However despite your help informing me about Mochi, im unable to go any further really. My aim was to try out AoBs, so ill simply find other games to try it out on.

thanks again, maybe someone else will pop into this thread to talk about any findings (if they can be bothered).
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 01/18/2010 10:00pm
Quote Post
I was kinda disappointed. The game, in my opinion, without hacks, is rather difficcult. even with a gold hack, this game took a long long while to beat... and after you win, you get nothing. No special unlocks or anything.. idk, seemed like a waste.
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 01/24/2010 10:01pm
Quote Post
I didn't find it very hard to beat. I went on insane mode, Gold hack + XP hack + 0 Population In Use hack = I spammed God's Wrath (At least 40), and beat them by the time they got onto the egyptian age. Took some 4 minutes I guess.
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 02/05/2010 8:18am
Quote Post
I have paid for both sothink flash decompiler, swf quicker and flash cs4 pro. I opened it in the decompiler and easily found the string I needed to modify to add "localhost" as an allowed domain. Unfortunately I couldn't modify it through the decompiler so I exported the whole thing as an fla. I open it in flash cs4, modify said string, open it up in google chrome (this is what I opened the game in first and saw it was sitelocked) but all I got was a White screen? I tried opening both the fla and original flash file into swf quicker but found no way of modifying the code I wanted to!!!

Am I doing anything wrong?
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 03/01/2010 8:04am
Quote Post
Here is a link for SoThink for free (Version 5.x) http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/1332 ... ab=summary.

Also this tutorial will show you how to do it correctly.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=303

However for this particular program the text file you get does not contain the information you need.

BTW here are all the codes:
156200BC - EXP
15620134 - Gold
156200FC - Opponents Health (If set to 0 the game will freeze until you change it to > 0)
156200F0 - Population Set this to Freeze
15620120 - Your health
152DA1BE - Particle Cannon Recharge Time (Freeze at 0)

These were gathered on a Windows 7 64-bit computer in an Opera web browser, using cheat engine 5.6.
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 04/02/2010 2:07am
Quote Post
I am rather new to all of this downloading flash games and everything. I would just like to download Age of War 2 but because of the "protection" on it I am having trouble. I didnt quite understand how to remove this/get around it. Could someone possibly clarify this for me?
Thanks.

...i actually do not want to hack the game and change values but just get the game alone.
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 04/02/2010 2:11am
Quote Post
System Bot
Quote from: "lakersfankb81"
...i actually do not want to hack the game and change values but just get the game alone.

Please use the search function next time.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1354

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 04/02/2010 2:27am
Quote Post
Quote from: "Phreneticus"

Please use the search function next time.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1354
I just tried to use this and i still get the message that it is only allowed to be played at maxgames.com
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 04/02/2010 3:46am
Quote Post
Using deity's post as a sort of help guide, I removed the site-lock. The AoB is 96 12 50 > 96 12 00 if anyone's interested, and I don't think you can do this with CE, I suggest a hex editor that permanently modifies the SWF. Like HxDen. Google it. (broken image removed)

http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.d ... 578ecbdfef

Sorry for the site's really mediocre connection speeds, but I like the filehosting service there because it has no "get a premium account or wait 20 seconds to download!" thing. Anyway, I should've thought of uploading on this site itself, but it takes so long I can't be bothered to upload again, lol. >_>
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 04/02/2010 5:10am
Quote Post
THANKS MUCH!
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 04/02/2010 5:24pm
Quote Post
THANKS MUCH!
Same here.
Re: Age of War 2! Posted on: 04/05/2010 6:25pm
Quote Post
66 fb 0a 46 03 01 => 02 02 02 46 03 01
Change all 8 results.
This makes anything besides Turrets free. Meaning, you can go to the final age at the beginning of the game, get all the upgrades and get units for free.
But, be sure NOT to buy Turrets that surpass your money; meaning, if you have 100g and you buy a turret for 200g, you will have -100g, and everything will cost money again. Turret Slots are fine.

This was a bitch to find...instead of having an address for every unit's cost, he made it so that there is a function for unit cost, and when you but a unit, it redirects him there. So needed to NOP the function that gets the cost, but not the one that calls the unit number (in other words, the function that says that the game is supposed to produce a unit).

edit: 66 fb 0a 46 0a 01 => 02 02 02 46 0a 01
Makes turrets also free, so ignore the don't-buy-turrets part.