ragnarok giving me a virus?
-migrated-
ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/06/2010 11:49pm
Quote Post
Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but has anybody else had this problem? I've had it for quite a while now and never had any problems. But today when I opened it, the browser page opened to kongregate.com (like it usually does), then it opened some virus page that said I had a virus and I needed to do a virus scan (obviously just another virus when I click okay).

Is there another program I can get that allows .sol editing?

Thanks guys
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/06/2010 11:51pm
Quote Post
System Bot
I always use Sol Editor.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WEB-Design/Flash/Sol-Editor.shtml

Quote from: "xycho666"
Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but has anybody else had this problem?

Nope, never had that..

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/07/2010 2:12am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Rag != Virus.

It's probably just a Kongregate ad or something.

Rag is the only AS3 SOL editor out there that I know of. There is an AS3 SOL editor written in python and something else, but you have to know how to compile it and all that, and python just isn't my language. (broken image removed)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/07/2010 8:38am
Quote Post
There are python libs for as3 and as2 sols, but these are just libraries with no application around them. I sometimes use them for one off things. I've been meaning to write a simple front-end around them, but the Win32 API isn't my cup of tea!

In terms of rag and viruses: it's free, but it sounds like it's redirecting you to kong which has a dodgy ad for a dodgy virus checker. Ignore it. For Loki's sake, do not press OK and do not install anything!
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/09/2010 10:28pm
Quote Post
Yeah it looks as if the kong page keeps getting re-directed to one of those virus websites that looks like your in my computer? and its like "Your C drive is infected. Clean it now"

Anyways, I tried using sol editor, but it doesn't really work? I tried opening other sol files that I know worked in the past (eon/shellcore) and it crashes. When I try to view neonblox, it only has one variable and it has a bunch of weird characters, instead of lots of variables to change.

Are there any other sol editors I could try? or perhaps i'll go to the ragnarok forum and update my client.
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/10/2010 1:04pm
Quote Post
System Bot
Did you tried all of those?

.sol editors
http://basseq.com/fun/sol/ -- Flash Based Online .sol editor
http://sourceforge.net/projects/soleditor/ -- Sourceforge .sol editor
http://blog.coursevector.com/minerva -- .minerva Shared Object Reader

http://solve.sourceforge.net/ -- SolVE (Unupdated for years, defunct)

Source: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=925

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/12/2010 9:35am
Quote Post
As long as you don't click on the ad you'll be fine, more or less one of the ads they display is malicious. I have an auto rater set to run daily, and sometimes I'll check and notice that specific ad will be displayed and will have broken the auto rater script.
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/12/2010 2:57pm
Quote Post
Wasn't an ad. It changed the entire browser page to a different website. I was only using the sol editor tab, and the browser tab opened it self and gave me a little pop-up box. very strange. Where can I get the newest version of rag? Havn't tried searching the forum yet, can I find it here?
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/13/2010 6:53am
Quote Post
I just realized that this was in the Newgrounds forum. It'd probably be more appropriate in the "Other" forum.
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/15/2010 3:28am
Quote Post
this was a problem with kong, not rag. many links in kong would redirect to this page.
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/15/2010 4:08am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Modern browsers block some of the stuff that Rag doesn't. Rag is insanely outdated.

I'm pretty sure I could pull of a basic XSS attack against Rag users if I had an ad on Kongregate. The trick is to get 13 and don't do any updates. That way the main page of Rag never opens. (broken image removed)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/15/2010 4:34am
Quote Post
So theoretically, Kongregate could easily install some script on their page to prevent Rag users, right?
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/15/2010 10:32pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "pythag12"
So theoretically, Kongregate could easily install some script on their page to prevent Rag users, right?
If you're talking about preventing .sol editing, then the game creator has to encrypt their .sols, as for just blocking Rag from hacking their games using the basic method, they already did that through a patch. Ragnarok is now used to easily .sol edit.

P.S. Kongregate doesn't make the advertisements, they make placeholders for other sites' advertisements to keep the site running (they have to pay for it, you know!). So whoever makes the advertisements can find an exploit and make it so that Rag cannot function, but there's really no point. ^^

P.S.S. The above is illegal btw.
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/15/2010 10:53pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "ChaoMing"
If you're talking about preventing .sol editing, then the game creator has to encrypt their .sols, as for just blocking Rag from hacking their games using the basic method, they already did that through a patch. Ragnarok is now used to easily .sol edit.

P.S. Kongregate doesn't make the advertisements, they make placeholders for other sites' advertisements to keep the site running (they have to pay for it, you know!). So whoever makes the advertisements can find an exploit and make it so that Rag cannot function, but there's really no point. ^^

I think pythag was referring to root hacking (what rag was originally meant for).
Re: ragnarok giving me a virus? Posted on: 03/15/2010 10:54pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Spellcater4"
Quote from: "ChaoMing"

I think pythag was referring to root hacking (what rag was originally meant for).
"using basic method" (broken image removed)