Skip to content

[Request] Pinball game, should be easy

-migrated-

11 posts

[Request] Pinball game, should be easy

Posted Apr 11, 2010 9:09 pm

http://www.playitontheweb.com/games/Ame ... l-game.htm

Almost embarrassed I can't hack a simple game like this. Won't be able to get into AOB's for another two weeks cause thats when I finish exams, but I can't get anything using CE.

If you could find the score variable or lives variable using CE or AOB's, that would be great.

I tried using * 1/2/4/8 for lives/score and also tried unknown initial value and decreased/increased value for lives/score respectively. Also tried losing all my lives and searching for 0, and repeating that, but was unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Request] Pinball game, should be easy

Posted Apr 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Root variables. Just by a short look at the .swf I can tell you:
_level0/:lives
_level0/:score
_level0/:scorenum (<-your actual score I think)
_level0/:scoreboard.balls (probably a text holder)

Don't lose lives:
96 02 00 08 c7 4e 51 4f =>
96 02 00 08 c7 4e 47 4f

Or instead of 47, change to 49.

Sprite 251

Code: [Select]

ClassPinball.prototype.loseLife = function (mc)
{
    var _loc1 = this;
    mc.removeMovieClip();
    --_level0.lives;
    _level0.scoreboard.balls.gotoAndStop(_level0.lives + 1);
    if (_level0.lives < 1)
    {
        _loc1.playSound("gameover");
        _timeline.Jake.gotoAndPlay("looseBall");
        _loc1.gameOver();
        return;
    } // end if

Code: [Select]

//96 02 00 08 c7
_push "lives"
//4e
_getMember
//51
_decrement
//4f
_setMember
Decrement is a gradual decrease.

Anything else?

Re: [Request] Pinball game, should be easy

Posted Apr 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Worked great. Not sure what you meant with the change 47 to 49 though. Just changed the 51 to 47 and it seemed to work.

Thanks (broken image removed)

Re: [Request] Pinball game, should be easy

Posted Apr 13, 2010 12:05 am

Also, just out of curiosity for when I teach myself AOB's, what is 47 and 49? and is there a list of what each value is? and are the values always the same?

Edit: Those first 4 text variables you gave me. I can search them on cheat engine using the text search, but can I change the value them? like for the scorenum variable.

Re: [Request] Pinball game, should be easy

Posted Apr 13, 2010 2:27 am

Excellent. Looks very detailed. Like I said prior, going to really dive into in a few weeks when I finish my exams. Then I can start repaying some people back that helped me with some hacks and help new people with them (broken image removed)

Re: [Request] Pinball game, should be easy

Posted Apr 13, 2010 4:54 am

On a side note, I found it extremely difficult to begin by myself in this kind of hacking. I'm still a beginner myself, so I can't offer much, but I suggest that you should ask people.
That's how I learned the basics; by annoying ChaoMing. And then I annoyed Derek a little. Just a little.

Re: [Request] Pinball game, should be easy

Posted Apr 13, 2010 10:50 am
Quote from: "Derek"
Check here for AS2 Instructions and check here for AS3 Instructions.

I'm happy to answer any questions, just be aware I might not be able to give an answer/

I said the same thing, I didn't mind the "annoyance" (broken image removed)