Finding values through AoB addresses?
-migrated-
Finding values through AoB addresses? Posted on: 04/27/2010 4:55pm
Quote Post
Let's say that I find "_push "money" or "findproperty money" or something around those lines. I scan for them. Now, can I somehow use their addresses to find money?

I guess it's not like root variable searching. My logic says "yes", but as there would normally be many results to anything related to money...

Thoughts?
Re: Finding values through AoB addresses? Posted on: 04/27/2010 8:41pm
Quote Post
There is a trick by searching for the AoB "02 00 00 20", its in a guide somewhere, and it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
Re: Finding values through AoB addresses? Posted on: 04/27/2010 8:43pm
Quote Post
That's finding root variables in AS2 (or is it also in AS3?) if you don't know their name or their value isn't unique.
Re: Finding values through AoB addresses? Posted on: 04/27/2010 8:48pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Zirak"
That's finding root variables in AS2 (or is it also in AS3?) if you don't know their name or their value isn't unique.
AS3 doesn't use Root Variables, they use a _as3 root, which is actually hard to determine what's what using the CE Hex thing
Re: Finding values through AoB addresses? Posted on: 04/28/2010 5:40am
Quote Post
System Bot
Quote from: "ChaoMing"
Quote from: "Zirak"
AS3 doesn't use Root Variables, they use a _as3 root, which is actually hard to determine what's what using the CE Hex thing
KH said once that you can't hack "Root Variables" (AS3) with the normal CE method.. (broken image removed) Something with pointer scan he said

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus
Re: Finding values through AoB addresses? Posted on: 04/28/2010 10:11am
Quote Post
In AS2 you would search for _level0/:variableName (isn't necessarily _level0), but that won't work in AS3.
Quote from: "Essential Actionscript 3.0"
As of ActionScript 3.0, the concept of levels has been completely removed from the Flash runtime API.
Re: Finding values through AoB addresses? Posted on: 04/28/2010 10:18am
Quote Post
Back to the original topic, I'd say yes but if only if you can use the more advanced cheat engine features (memory viewer/pointerscans/assembly).