Encrypt, decrypt and decompile swf files
-migrated-
Encrypt, decrypt and decompile swf files Posted on: 07/09/2010 5:22pm
Quote Post
I was wondering, how the decompilers, the crypting and decrypting programs are working ? I mean, when did they act, how are they doing their jobs ? And I assume that a decrypter must have a decompiler function, to find the code that he must decrypt...
So is this possible to make for exemple a tool who writes all the code of a .swf file in a text file ? In wich language is this better to do ? Did someone know how to make this ?

Ideas, clues, knowledges, helps, if you have something about all that stuff don't hesitate, I'm very curious  (broken image removed)
Re: Encrypt, decrypt and decompile swf files Posted on: 07/09/2010 5:38pm
Quote Post
System Bot
I bet you program most programs, including this, in C++. I don't know how, but believe me, it's complicated and it's hard to make a program alone. It's like making a game. You need multiple people in general. 2 years ago I tried to program my own programs in C++ but I gave up soon, because there was always an "unknown error". Even when I followed some tutorials exactly step for step I got these errors. I never programmed again since then.

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus
Re: Encrypt, decrypt and decompile swf files Posted on: 07/09/2010 5:53pm
Quote Post
No, the code itself is not really a problem, I make games (sometimes alone, sometimes with a team) since a while now, and I'm ok with programming mentality, errors and all this stuff. I don't program in C++, can the C be enough, you think (I think I will also learn C++ soon, but I really don't know when) ?
And my problem is more the method itself (how to search the code in the swf, and how a normal decompiler-decrypter works) than a programming question.
Re: Encrypt, decrypt and decompile swf files Posted on: 07/09/2010 10:50pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Wikipedia"
In cryptography, encryption is the process of transforming information (referred to as plaintext) using an algorithm (called cipher) to make it unreadable to anyone except those possessing special knowledge, usually referred to as a key.
If you encrypt a flash game, Flash Player can't read it. If Flash Player can't read it, you can't play it.

Tools such as Amayeta SWF Encrypt obfuscate the code.
Quote from: "Wikipedia"
Obfuscated code is source or machine code that has been made difficult to understand.

Reading this may help you understand how it works.
Re: Encrypt, decrypt and decompile swf files Posted on: 07/10/2010 4:40pm
Quote Post
Okay, thanks a lot... Now, a last thing, did someone know how the bytecode of a .swf file can be read ?