Cheat Engine+ Google Chrome
-migrated-
Cheat Engine+ Google Chrome Posted on: 10/07/2010 7:09pm
Quote Post
As you all know, Google chrome does not have a process named "plugin.exe", it is actually masked as Google chrome. Well then, how do we find this process and attach it correctly? Simple. 4 easy steps to follow. Now with Convenient Picture Flavour! Yes I am Canadian, I spell flavour instead of flavor!

Step 1.
In your address bar, type in about:memory
It will list the processes in Google Chrome. Generally it will have 1 process for each tab, as well as an extra process for Flash plugin and Google Chrome itself.
(broken image removed)

Step 2.
Beside each process is its PID number, conveniently listed under the heading PID.
What you want to do is find the PID number for "Plug-in-Shockwave Flash".
(broken image removed)

Step 3.
You need to hex that PID number. How to do that? Open your XP/Vista/Windows 7/ calculator, click the "view" button, then click hex. Alternatively, just google it.
(broken image removed)

Step 4.
Open up your Cheat Engine. Click the little magnifying glass icon thats over a computer. Click the button "Process List" if not already there, and find the list of "Google Chrome" Processes. They should all be together. Find the PID number that matches the hexed number you found for "Plug-in". Select that Process. Voila! Go and have fun ruining flash games!
(broken image removed)
Re: [Tutorial] Cheat Engine+ Google Chrome Posted on: 10/08/2010 12:27am
Quote Post
i has a hack for chrome 6.0.472.63 that adds hex values to PID colum in the about:memory page
(broken image removed)

i tried doing an extension but chrome wont give permissions to edit the page.
Re: [Tutorial] Cheat Engine+ Google Chrome Posted on: 11/21/2010 10:25pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "satanicgurrl"
i has a hack for chrome 6.0.472.63 that adds hex values to PID colum in the about:memory page
(broken image removed)

i tried doing an extension but chrome wont give permissions to edit the page.

I read up on your tutorial.. and I feel that it can be made simpler and not so clunky. It's really nice!

First, you`ll probably have to add that users will need to apply this change every time Chrome updates to a newer version.
Second, I tried working with what you have for the newer versions which may change the layout, so in order to preserve those changes that Google Devs have incorporated, you can just insert some simple text in there.

I found that in the newer versions of Chrome, that "About:Memory" page is found in Bindata/501 of chrome.dll vs. 500 that you have listed from the older versions. There are 2 lines where the browser displays the PID (one after <tr jsselect="browzr_data"> and another after <tr jsselect="child_data">), and you would basically change each line that reads:

Code: [Select]
<span class='th' jscontent="pid"></span>into:

<span class='th' jscontent="pid+'n0x'+pid.toString(16)"></span>
Then of course, compiling and saving the file while Chrome isn't running.

Pretty nifty, and I really like how you did it.. too bad Chrome creates a new folder for each version making you redo these changes, ESPECIALLY if you're on the dev channel. (broken image removed)

Edit: Actually, after taking a better look at it, I like to use the following instead.. this will format it to Uppercase Hex, and add a leading 0 if necessary. (I doubt the process IDs would ever be less than 256)
<span class='th' jscontent="pid+'n0x'+(pid.toString(16).length<4?'0':'')+pid.toString(16).toUpperCase()"></span>(broken image removed)