Sacred Seasons 2 bot
-migrated-
Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/14/2010 2:40am
Quote Post
I have a very, very early basic version of a bot for SS2 on my site now.
It only does Turtle Island 5.  But it's taken many frustrating hours to get this far so I thought I'd release it and see if it works for anyone else.   :?
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/23/2010 3:31am
Quote Post
I tested out this script and it ran me through TI5 over and over until I got disconnected at some point.

There were a couple of things.  The bot always chooses back row.  In TI5 this is fine because I can solo that dungeon from the back row with a knife.  I got adventurous and was trying out the bot on SI80.  I can still live with a knife from the back row, but it takes forever.  So I switched out to the pine bow which worked well until I found another problem.  With weapons that poison enemies can die off but the bulls-eye selector thing doesn't disappear which means the bot just tries to attack them over and over and nothing happens and no other living enemies die.  Switching out to a low level bow with no poison-like affect worked just fine.  The bot had trouble when I went into the second room of SI80 and EI55, but found its way through most the first room just fine.  I guess the pointer was a little low here and there, but it still worked.

I'm going to try to test it in every dungeon I can safely solo with a winter hunter and a non-poisoning bow to see which dungeons may be the same layout as TI5.  Those developers are lazy and some of the dungeons are not only the same floor layout, but the same battles pretty much.  I'll let you know what I find.  

By the way, these scripts are awesome.  I leveled two alts in SS1 to over 150 in just three days each.  This SS2 bot will be great, keep up the good work.
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/23/2010 4:34am
Quote Post
Awesome.  Glad the bot worked for you.
It's coded specifically for TI5 and I'm surprised it worked at all in another dungeon.
I've had some ideas on how to re-code it so it will work better for all dungeons with the same layout but I haven't had time to play with it.
(Busy leveling up a Clair in SS1 so I can play with Astral Travel III)
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/23/2010 8:57am
Quote Post
Hmm, what level do you have to be to be able to do TI5? If you die do you restart anywhere particular?

(AT3 is fricken AWESOME)

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/23/2010 11:58am
Quote Post
If you die in TI5 will it rerun it?

(AT3 is awesomesauce.)

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/23/2010 5:42pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Maximillian"
Hmm, what level do you have to be to be able to do TI5? If you die do you restart anywhere particular?

Not sure.  I'm mid 40s and TI5 is easy but I die in TI10.  Maybe mid 30s?
And if you die, the script hangs.
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/23/2010 5:53pm
Quote Post
I just tested this out and found that some annoying bugs can get in the way which might be hard to get around. It's when you use poison or splash damage to kill an enemy, the enemy stays standing and its target appears but nothing happens when you attack it.

Maybe it would be easier to set up a first fight grind as most good grind spots are in the first fights such as mi25, sf27, mi30, ei55, ai65, si95 and THi105.
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 11/29/2010 7:23pm
Quote Post
how can use this bot   :?  :?:
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 12/02/2010 6:09pm
Quote Post
Are you still continuing development on the ss2 bot script?  Ti5 works fairly well in most cases, but a generic hunting script would be great!  Grinding in different locations helps reduce suspicions of cheating, but using the Ti5 script for any location only goes so far (no resetting, movement).
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 12/02/2010 7:05pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "sunghak"
Are you still continuing development on the ss2 bot script?  Ti5 works fairly well in most cases, but a generic hunting script would be great!  Grinding in different locations helps reduce suspicions of cheating, but using the Ti5 script for any location only goes so far (no resetting, movement).

I certainly plan on continuing development on the SS2 bot, but unfortunately, it's a low priority right now.
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 12/03/2010 4:08am
Quote Post
Quote from: "sacredscript"
Quote from: "sunghak"

I certainly plan on continuing development on the SS2 bot, but unfortunately, it's a low priority right now.

No rush - thanks for the reply though.  I got back into SS1 since you've made it so much easier to grind past the boring parts =).  I do look forward to seeing updates on the SS2 bot though, so if you ever get around to adding some form of auto hunt for a lower level (until I can actually do Ti5 without dying), that'd be great!  I'll have to practice some patience here I suppose.  Keep up the great work!
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 12/10/2010 1:04am
Quote Post
Quote from: "hatcheck"
With weapons that poison enemies can die off but the bulls-eye selector thing doesn't disappear which means the bot just tries to attack them over and over and nothing happens and no other living enemies die.

They just put in an update that fixes this problem.  It makes the bot work with a greater variety of, if not all,   weapons.

Quote from: "Frogxzor"
Maybe it would be easier to set up a first fight grind as most good grind spots are in the first fights such as mi25, sf27, mi30, ei55, ai65, si95 and THi105.

This is the popular way of grinding for the most part at lower to middle levels, but with SS2 being the game that the developers actually care about, you are much more likely to get caught doing this.  It's much easier to do in SS1 because there aren't very many people left.  I've run simple recorded scripts in SS2 and was really lucky that I was around when one of the head mods came to talk to me or I would have been busted for sure.  Full dungeon running bots would be such a safer option.

Quote from: "hatcheck"
I'm going to try to test it in every dungeon I can safely solo with a winter hunter and a non-poisoning bow to see which dungeons may be the same layout as TI5. Those developers are lazy and some of the dungeons are not only the same floor layout, but the same battles pretty much. I'll let you know what I find.

No luck here.  No other dungeons worked perfectly.  I guess they aren't as lazy as I gave them credit for.
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 12/11/2010 3:39pm
Quote Post
Zombie bug = Fixed

No more problems with using weapons that have splash.
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 01/08/2011 4:14am
Quote Post
Theres this one battle in Plimouth Island center shack 5 with 5 death crabs that gives 1.8k exp that would be good if it can do that battle over and over
Re: Sacred Seasons 2 bot Posted on: 01/29/2011 3:10pm
Quote Post
For those that need the bot to choose the front line, change line 335 in the script to:

Code: [Select]
MouseMove(($topLeft[0]+350),($topLeft[1]+270),3)