How to make cheats work again after a game update?
-migrated-
A situational question:

I have been using a cheat in a facebook game and it really worked for so many times. But after few days, it doesnt work anymore (maybe because the developer just updated the game or they found out about the cheat). Is it possible to also update the cheat that i used to make it work again?  :?:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Request to move topic to "Help" forum.

Well you can do one of the following
1. Wait for someone to update the cheat
2. Update the cheat yourself
3. Use google to find moar cheats.

Quote from: "ravenbleue"
Is it possible to also update the cheat that i used to make it work again?
Depends on the kind of cheat, if it's something like an AoB, then its possible unless the developer added something to prevent us from cheating.

Flash .sol locations
Chrome: \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\
Normal: \AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Stuff can stop working for multiple reasons. It could be that the game code changed and this affected the AoB, or it could be some other change elsewhere.

Has there been an update? Some developers maintain changelogs. Try looking there for clues.
Sometimes it's just a case of replacing certain bytes with wildcards, you can either attempt to do this via trial and error and see how it goes, or you could just request a new hack in the forum and look for similarities in the AOB and see if they're the same but with a few bytes difference, those will be the ones most likely to change again if it gets updated.

The problem with Facebook games is that they get updated all the damn time.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...