Finding any values with Cheat Engine
-migrated-
Finding any values with Cheat Engine Posted on: 08/21/2011 4:47pm
Quote Post
I didn't find this kind of tutorial so though of just make one for learning how to find values easily without any *4 or *8.

1. Most of game don't have pause and some of the games changes the value while paused. So 'Enable Speedhack' and hit it to 0,0 as soon as you find the value you want to change.
2. Scan for the value as "Unknown Initial Value" and "All (Byte to Double)" (this can be health bar without numbers or mana or cash or anything)
3. Make Speedhack 0,1 or 0,01 depending on how fast the game is. Lose a littlebit of the amount or rize it a little bit and scan for Increased or Decreased value depending on did it go up or down.
4. Do this few times until you have under 1 000 000 addresses. Hit Speedhack 0,0 and scan ~10 times for unchanged value and after this keep doing Increased or Decreased.
5. When you have under 100 values use your logic and think of which one of the addresses it could be. Don't go for huge value eg. 325987125 but go for small ones eg. 8629. Follow them and keep searching for increased or decreased or unchanged.
6. You will find the value you want. Remember not to change it to 999999 but add 0 as many as you want in the end or freeze it!

Some important notes:
- Finding, changing and freezing wrong value may crash your browser. If so then just start scanning again with some better luck!
- Don't scan while in menu even if the same amount would be there aswell. For example you play some shooting games where you get money for each kill. Even the same money amount would be in "shop menu", don't scan it there. It might be different address in some games! So scan for the value always when you are in the same place where you did the first scan!
- Some addresses might change so you will have to do this many times in the game!
- Sometimes you can speed up by searching by *1, *4 or *8 but  scan ONLY ONCE and watch how the value changes. If its not the value just click 'Undo scan' and keep looking.
- For extreme fun after finding the value (best is when you find the health bar) to make Speedhack as 5>. DO NOT change it any higher than 50 though because it won't speed anything anymore and will just mess your broswer by logging out from every chat. eg. Kongregate Chat.
- Sometimes same value can have more than 1 address. If this happens, just freeze them all or change the SMALLEST! Once more: Don't go for big numbers. It will just crash your browser.
- Try always to freeze instead of changing. Freezing won't get you to High Score and freezing won't mess up (most of the time) your browser.

If you think this is too hard and you can't spare 1-5 minutes to find the address. Stop asking "are there any hacks to this game?".

Good luck and have fun!

EDIT: If you have any suggestions for this article, just leave them and ill edit the text.
Re: Finding any values with Cheat Engine Posted on: 08/21/2011 9:59pm
Quote Post
I'm sure you can select the 'pause/freeze game while scanning" checkbox, and you can also use other scan options, such as double and float. Also, you didn't mention about values that change on exit room/ level / stage etc, values that constantly change etc and using pointer scans and code injections to change values
Re: Finding any values with Cheat Engine Posted on: 08/21/2011 11:18pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Alucard_Nosferatu"
I'm sure you can select the 'pause/freeze game while scanning" checkbox
- Well my experience with freeze game while scanning led to browser crash. Been long time since I tested it last though. Just left with bad taste of it.

you can also use other scan options, such as double and float
- I am not talking about specific scan but "All (Byte to Double)". Just forgot to add it there. Its added now.

Also, you didn't mention about values that change on exit room/ level / stage etc, values that constantly change etc
-
Quote from: "MattiKana"
So scan for the value always when you are in the same place where you did the first scan!
-
Quote from: "MattiKana"
Some addresses might change so you will have to do this many times in the game!

using pointer scans and code injections to change values
- Never done that, never needed it.
Re: Finding any values with Cheat Engine Posted on: 08/22/2011 11:47am
Quote Post
   Some addresses might change so you will have to do this many times in the game!
That's what the pointer's for, so when it changes your CE hack changes with it (so there's no need to keep changing)
Re: Finding any values with Cheat Engine Posted on: 08/25/2011 1:56pm
Quote Post
I'm sure you can select the 'pause/freeze game while scanning" checkbox, and you can also use other scan options, such as double and float. Also, you didn't mention about values that change on exit room/ level / stage etc, values that constantly change etc and using pointer scans and code injections to change values
this doesnt work for some games so the speedhack set to 0.0 still is a great choice. Changing to big values CAN crash your browser for one a reason or another (miscalculation, needs to be 4b*8+6 or something else, it can be also the game, sometimes you cant change your health bigger than your max health).
adresses that change when you pause or when they change are called _root variables if i dont mistake.
Don't go for huge value eg. 325987125
this is why there is a scan called "value between..."