Skip to content
Locked

Auto-Logout Issue

-migrated-

15 posts

Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 6:14 pm

For some reason, when I tryed logging in today it logged me out whenver I left the login page, or if I sat at the page for longer than 10 seconds.

This was only fixed after I logged in from http://www.kongregateHack.com, away from the forums.

On a side note: I  had no Idea there was a database strictly for the cheats.

EDIT: The problem resurfaces if I try to access the Kongregate section of the forums!
Edit2:Ok it stopped again...for now...and I can access the Kong section...can someone diagnose this?
Edit3:Now it happens again each time I follow links in my sig.

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 6:25 pm

Alot of users are experiencing this problem, I have raised this issue already, and I am yet to get a reply from KH.

Plus it has only started happening ever since he added in the KongregateHack Database.

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 6:34 pm

Well if the issues known...I better not follow any of the links in my sig. until then...hope someone else will though*and not get logged out)

First time it happened I was terrified I'd managed to piss someone off.

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 8:22 pm

For the database to work I had to disable cookies (or something like that...) from forum.kongregatehack.com and enable them from kongregatehack.com/forum. All I need to do now is some fancy redirect in the .htaccess file.

As long as you go to kongregatehack.com/forum instead of forum.kongregatehack.com, you'll be fine. I'll fix it ASAP.

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 8:39 pm

Same issue here, but thanks for adding the database. It looks pretty useful.

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 9:10 pm

Fix'd, thanks to TIM  (broken image removed)

Edit: don't forget to try the userscript to easily access the hacks in the database when playing games on Kongregate.

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 9:17 pm

Nice job. BTW link to database on forum homepage is messed up now  (broken image removed)

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 9:18 pm
Quote from: "Lurkling"
Nice job. BTW link to database on forum homepage is messed up now  (broken image removed)

Works fine for me  :?

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 9:49 pm

Firefox 6.0.1
Windows Vista

Tried clearing cache and still doesn't work. However, it worked when I used Chrome and Internet.

EDIT: Problem fixed.

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 5, 2011 10:06 pm

NOW I see what you were trying to accomplish...


Previous cookie was "forum.kongregatehack.com" (can only be used on forum.kongregatehack.com)
New cookie is "kongregatehack.com" (can only be used on kongregatehack.com)

cookie SHOULD be ".kongregatehack.com" (can be used on ANY subdomain of kongregatehack.com, including www.kongregatehack.com (which is an alias of kongregatehack.com) which means all problems solved as far as cookie authentication)

yeah!


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 6, 2011 4:50 am

haha my first thought was that id been banned. Then I realized KH must have finally moved from forum. to /forums but missed some bit of minutiae

way to go TiM

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 6, 2011 2:03 pm
Quote from: "kolonelkadat"
haha my first thought was that id been banned. Then I realized KH must have finally moved from forum. to /forums but missed some bit of minutiae

way to go TiM

I thought that too! Because for a whole day I couldn't go on, even after clearing cookies. So the next day I went onto the site w/out using my bookmarks and used a search engine. But once again, don't know the password on alu so I'm using this (the only p/w I remember).

Just to check, is there a auto-redirect if you access from "forum.kongregatehack" ?

Re: Auto-Logout Issue

Posted Sep 6, 2011 4:42 pm
Quote from: "squishy123"
Quote from: "kolonelkadat"
haha my first thought was that id been banned. Then I realized KH must have finally moved from forum. to /forums but missed some bit of minutiae

way to go TiM
I thought that too! Because for a whole day I couldn't go on, even after clearing cookies. So the next day I went onto the site w/out using my bookmarks and used a search engine. But once again, don't know the password on alu so I'm using this (the only p/w I remember).

Just to check, is there a auto-redirect if you access from "forum.kongregatehack" ?



Give it a shot!  You know there is.  (broken image removed)


Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

This topic is locked.