New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/24/2013 10:39pm
Quote Post
Troubadour┬┤s dog
thenewcomer Posted on: 08/24/2013 8:51pm
Ragnotok Posted on: 08/24/2013 9:47pm
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 08/21/2013 6:19am
I have it set that if you've ever donated, even if it's just a dollar, the -2pts a day no longer effects your account.

Being honest i already saw this one coming...

that was implemented way before he said anything. since ya know, the active people that submit hacks were the ones that donated.

its not like hes forcing you to donate, everyone got a free 100 days to do absolutely nothing before we lock their account. thats almost half a year. and submitting a single hack gives you another 1/2 of a year. id say thats a pretty large amount of leeway when it comes to "be active or gtfo"
Oh sorry if it sounded as if i was complaining, i was just amazed that it came this late (but now i know it was already implemented way back thanks to you), because i really tought Tim was late with that one (i mean if someone was kind enough to donate they at least should get rid of the -2 points a day thing, and not just give you points since they are kinda easy to get), but again he is always one step ahead of at least one person.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/24/2013 11:13pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
Ragnotok Posted on: 08/24/2013 10:39pm
thenewcomer Posted on: 08/24/2013 8:51pm
that was implemented way before he said anything. since ya know, the active people that submit hacks were the ones that donated.

its not like hes forcing you to donate, everyone got a free 100 days to do absolutely nothing before we lock their account. thats almost half a year. and submitting a single hack gives you another 1/2 of a year. id say thats a pretty large amount of leeway when it comes to "be active or gtfo"

Oh sorry if it sounded as if i was complaining, i was just amazed that it came this late (but now i know it was already implemented way back thanks to you), because i really tought Tim was late with that one (i mean if someone was kind enough to donate they at least should get rid of the -2 points a day thing, and not just give you points since they are kinda easy to get), but again he is always one step ahead of at least one person.

nah its cool man. yeah this has been out pretty much since this thread was created.

and i agree, he ALWAYS one step ahead of someone. usually two or three steps ahead of myself and gates lol.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/25/2013 1:00am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Lol, I try.  You guys are awesome and keep me on my toes though.

I love working on this site and making things better. :)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/25/2013 8:03pm
Quote Post
thenewcomer Posted on: 08/24/2013 7:30pm
sh33dyiv Posted on: 08/24/2013 7:11pm
I have -37 points, lol.

-27 right now. and when you hit -100 something wonderful will happen to your account.

but seriously all you have to do is post in th forums or chat, or vote on hacks, or submit sols or hacks. pretty much everything gives points except reading/lurking

I'm no good at hacking. I can probably sol, but by the time I get to playing a game there's usually already a sol in place. 

I can vote on hacks though!

Edit: I would also like to suggest that a link to this page be added to the OP of this thread. http://konghack.com/points_display.php.

At first I thought you could only gain points by posting on the forum but someone in the thread linked to that page and it becomes much more clear. 

Just a suggestion :)
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/25/2013 8:09pm
Quote Post
sh33dyiv Posted on: 08/25/2013 8:03pm
I would also like to suggest that a link to this page be added to the OP of this thread. http://konghack.com/points_display.php.

At first I thought you could only gain points by posting on the forum but someone in the thread linked to that page and it becomes much more clear. 

Just a suggestion :)

actually thats a pretty good suggestion.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/25/2013 9:09pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Updated the first post. :)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/31/2013 1:06pm
Quote Post
Is it acceptable to submit another .sol for a game that already has one if your .sol has something the other does not, i.e. yours has an upgrade the other one does not? Just wondering because I do not want to flood the site with .sols that have the most minute differences.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/31/2013 1:37pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Sure, go ahead.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 08/31/2013 11:56pm
Quote Post
Why do we need to have 5 posts before being permitted to vote?
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 09/01/2013 12:00am
Quote Post
ashe Posted on: 08/31/2013 11:56pm

because retards with 0 posts are usually the same retards that wrongly vote on hacks and make mods waste the time of typing their name into a ban list.

also to make people more active on the forums instead of being a complete hermit lol.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 09/01/2013 7:55pm
Quote Post
Grammar F├╝hrer
thenewcomer Posted on: 09/01/2013 2:00am
ashe Posted on: 08/31/2013 11:56pm

because retards with 0 posts are usually the same retards that wrongly vote on hacks and make mods waste the time of typing their name into a ban list.

also to make people more active on the forums instead of being a complete hermit lol.

Dammit, I love being a hermit/lurker.

That also helps with people being more knowledgable about KH in all. Unless you're a fool and post 5 random posts at random, you get to learn at least something about the community between your 5 postings.

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 09/01/2013 8:38pm
Quote Post
Tsumi Posted on: 09/01/2013 7:55pm
Dammit, I love being a hermit/lurker.

That also helps with people being more knowledgable about KH in all. Unless you're a fool and post 5 random posts at random, you get to learn at least something about the community between your 5 postings.

i love being a hermit as much as the next person, trust me =P

and people that make 5 random posts that are obviously just for post count will get banned. they can either give a small amount of effort to be just a little active in exchange for our effort of making hacks, or they can be stupid and get banned.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 09/17/2013 6:12pm
Quote Post
wow, 5 posts. I have been on for a long time as lurker, way way back.
I just like to lurk in the back ground.
Oh, well, i will try to find something to unlurk about.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 09/17/2013 8:41pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
gorglesnort Posted on: 09/17/2013 6:12pm
wow, 5 posts. I have been on for a long time as lurker, way way back.
I just like to lurk in the back ground.
Oh, well, i will try to find something to unlurk about.
As an FYI, you should check out the bounced emails notification at the top of the page.  Or just look under your avatar.
My Email Bounces! I probably don't exist any more. (4)
That means our system has tried to email you 4 times.  This includes things like the Forgot Password and 2nd tier security emails!

Don't use fake addresses.  We don't spam you, we don't give your info out, and our database is secure.  There is no point in lying about your freakin email address.  Just use a damn forwarder if you have to.  Bounced emails hurt our overall spam score, which will land us on blacklists.  That's not cool...

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 09/30/2013 2:27am
Quote Post
I want to contribute, i badly want to learn how to find aob hacks but i dont know how. is there any tutorial on site?