New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 8:52am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
thenewcomer Posted on: 10/02/2013 7:27am
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 10/02/2013 6:58am
Wait a sec, look at your join date.... and compare that to the first post.....

First post date: 4/6/2013
Your join date: 7/8/2013

You didn't get them because you joined AFTER it started...  It's called read the shit in the Extremely Important Information forum.

Just wasted a bunch of time looking into stuff for no damn reason. :(

that still doesnt explain why he started at -70 or so. if he joined a few days ago he should be in the positives. not sure where you got First post date: 4/6/2013 from, he didnt even exist at that point, and theres no post in his contributions page with that date.

You've really been pissing a lot of people off lately, and now you're pissing me off.  READ THE FUCKING THREAD ASSHAT.

He joined nearly 3 months ago.  Pull your head out of your ass and check his point log before acting like a cunt.
http://konghack.com/member_contributions.php?m=10162#tabs-points

Also, you could try fucking math.  He's been registered for 86 days.  86*2 is 172.  Every account starts with 100pts.  100-172 is fucking -72.

As for where in the fuck I got the first post date from, USE FUCKING PAGING!  Go back to page 1 of this thread:
http://konghack.com/view_topic.php?t=7917&page=1

Fucking magnets man...

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 12:19pm
Quote Post
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 10/02/2013 7:52pm
thenewcomer Posted on: 10/02/2013 7:27am
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 10/02/2013 6:58am
Wait a sec, look at your join date.... and compare that to the first post.....

First post date: 4/6/2013
Your join date: 7/8/2013

You didn't get them because you joined AFTER it started...  It's called read the shit in the Extremely Important Information forum.

Just wasted a bunch of time looking into stuff for no damn reason. :(

that still doesnt explain why he started at -70 or so. if he joined a few days ago he should be in the positives. not sure where you got First post date: 4/6/2013 from, he didnt even exist at that point, and theres no post in his contributions page with that date.

You've really been pissing a lot of people off lately, and now you're pissing me off.  READ THE FUCKING THREAD ASSHAT.

He joined nearly 3 months ago.  Pull your head out of your ass and check his point log before acting like a cunt.

Also, you could try fucking math.  He's been registered for 86 days.  86*2 is 172.  Every account starts with 100pts.  100-172 is fucking -72.

As for where in the fuck I got the first post date from, USE FUCKING PAGING!  Go back to page 1 of this thread:
http://konghack.com/view_topic.php?t=7917&page=1

Fucking magnets man...

Whoops sorry! I actually did read the first page before I even started posting, and even noticed the date, but somehow didn't think that it was the cause of not receiving emails for the warning. I do apologise.

Though, however, wouldn't it be nicer if everyone who just created new account would be emailed about this point system too? Along with their registration information for example. 

(Think blah suggested something like this in chat before too, not sure if you get it though)
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 12:50pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
FYI, that reply wasn't to you Homme

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 1:19pm
Quote Post
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 10/02/2013 11:50pm
FYI, that reply wasn't to you Homme

Yeah, I knew. My apologies were directed to these:

"You didn't get them because you joined AFTER it started...  It's called read the shit in the Extremely Important Information forum.

Just wasted a bunch of time looking into stuff for no damn reason. :("

My bad for quoting too many I guess, should have cut it shorter.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 2:43pm
Quote Post
Never let a computer tell me shit.
odd. I was under the impression that it fired off a warning email when you hit 0 points. guess i need to look into that. It seems like a pretty importantt thing.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 4:43pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
kolonelkadat Posted on: 10/02/2013 2:43pm
odd. I was under the impression that it fired off a warning email when you hit 0 points. guess i need to look into that. It seems like a pretty importantt thing.

Part of the issue is "what to do with people that don't have exactly 0pts?".

I've been thinking about setting up a range or something.  If (points <=0 && points>-2) should encapsulate all posibilities, so this way they will only get an email once.  Thoughts?

Also, what would we put in the email?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 5:48pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 10/02/2013 8:52am

He joined nearly 3 months ago. oh, i read the date wrong  Pull your head out of your ass and check his point log before acting like a cunt. thanks

Also, you could try fucking math. again, date He's been registered for 86 days.  86*2 is 172.  Every account starts with 100pts.  100-172 is fucking -72. nice math skillz

http://konghack.com/view_topic.php?t=7917&page=1 oh you mean the first post here? i seriously thought you meant that guys first post.

Fucking magnets man... how do they work

jesus dude, i thought most people were nicer after getting laid. either way i find it kind of ridiculous that you would get that mad. i have not pissed anyone off except apparently you, and the only reason is because i misread a date 10 minutes after i woke up and was confused. thats cool. (extra note, that picture wasnt sarcasm, i was really confused this morning. i almost ate a sock if that gives you some idea)

maybe before you have a piss fit like usual, you should ask yourself why someone you know isnt a dumbass, acted like a dumbass.

eh, whatever. if you want to act like an ass in front of everyone and call me a cunt, then curse like a middle schooler that thinks it makes him look cool, thats fine by me. you're the one that loses an active mod. i became a mod because i figured you wouldnt mind someone helping keep the forums clean of bullshit, and to have someone to test things. if you dont want my help thats your choice, bro. my point here is that i dont care either way if you give or take it away. youre the only one thats losing something. anyways, back on topic here..
-----------------------------------------------------

an email around the zero mark sounds useful, but maybe you could send it with the register email? or maybe the first page they see would be a link to the rules and another link to the faq's/tutorials. i think you already have the new register sees a faq/tut link already set up. just an idea. as for what should be inside it, it should probably be a brief overview all the major things that effect everyone. like rules, points, forums, and the userscript and such. that way that cant come on here and complain that they were never told.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/02/2013 6:26pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
The next time you feel like jumping in on a topic that you apparently can't be bothered to follow, just let it go.  I don't care how tired you are, if you already know that you're too tired to figure shit out, don't post.  It's significantly easier to not make a post and come back later after some coffee or whatever than to make one and sound like an ass.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/19/2013 8:36pm
Quote Post
Am I missing something? We are expect to post something every 2.5 days just to avoid being banned? What if we have nothing to say? Just post some nonsense noise?

Can you make a thread for "noise" posts, so that we don't annoy other people?
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/19/2013 8:38pm
Quote Post
disgruntled old man
Since you left the chat...

[20:35:55]  You could make a post
[20:36:19]  submit a hack, submit a sol, review a game, vote on hacks
[20:36:21]  https://konghack.com/points_display.php
[20:36:35]  there's a list of things you can do for points

If you don't have anything to say, whatever, there are other ways to get points. What we're trying to do is keep the community active.

You are not required to post every 2.5 days. I'll explain it again...2 points are deducted every day unless you donate or have l33th4x status, then you are exempt from the daily deductions. Once your account hits -100 then it gets deactivated and an email is sent out to revive it and you're given 200 points. Log in once in awhile, vote on a hack, bullshit in the chat, install the userscript and when you go to kongregate, newgrounds, armor games, or mochi games and play a game that we don't have in the database, it'll automatically be added and you'll get 25 points for each game that way (just make sure you're logged into konghack).

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/19/2013 8:58pm
Quote Post
The chat seems to have died. It just gives me a dark grey box.

But I hope you will add points for reading, that's the best way to gain activity, that everyone can do, without adding useless noise to the site. It doesn't matter if people fake it - at least they care, and that's the best you can hope for.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/19/2013 9:16pm
Quote Post
disgruntled old man
TiM, maybe we can add another flag, a "logged in" flag that is set when a user logs in and stays set while the session is active. If it's set, it won't deduct the 2 points. At least this way the dedicated leechers won't be point dropped. What do you think?

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/19/2013 11:35pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
That more or less defeats the purpose...

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/20/2013 11:17pm
Quote Post
Honestly, I find that it's not so much the issue of not coming on and posting stuff.  I usually don't post much of anything anywhere because I forget most of the sites that I don't have front paged.  I just get frustrated wondering if the little app that pops up when I look into the games will warn me of impending issues.

Either that, or just have it tell me I haven't stopped in, said hello, murdered ye olde Anglishe recently, and I need to stop by and make someones day.  But that's just me.

As for a logged in flag, that's not really helpful to increasing forum involvement.  The posting for points stuff is more or less the most simple, practical, efficient way of making sure that people aren't just profiting from the site.

By and by, whatever we do to keep this site functional, so long as it's reasonably easy to do, and not completely obfuscating in it's use, or it's obvious lack of common sense, would be fine.  Just don't force captcha login checks or some other form of soul forsaking injustice.  I need my soul to barter away at a later date anyways...
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 10/21/2013 6:36am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Good news everyone!

I've bumped the donation points from 300 to 500, and I ran through and made it retroactive.  Have fun!