New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 11/28/2014 12:19am
Quote Post

Just so I understand this points this, just by asking this question, I get 5 points???

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 11/28/2014 12:44am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
megac Posted on: 11/28/2014 12:19am

Just so I understand this points this, just by asking this question, I get 5 points???

Yup, check your points log.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 11/28/2014 1:11am
Quote Post

Here's the confirmation (my only 2nd post now is this one) that yes, you get points for posting. Here's the proof. :P

Kudos to the developer, this is a reasonable system. :)

Btw, this is funny. :)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 11/28/2014 1:54am
Quote Post

I'm kinda scared what would happened if I went off to vacation, but then I realized that there are lots of ways to gain points. Huh.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 11/28/2014 12:57pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
megac Posted on: 11/28/2014 1:11am

Here's the confirmation (my only 2nd post now is this one) that yes, you get points for posting. Here's the proof. :P

[omitted]

Kudos to the developer, this is a reasonable system. :)

Btw, this is funny. :)

[omitted]

Check my profile page and you'll see the wealth distribution thing.  It's still a work in progress

Ocutech Posted on: 11/28/2014 1:54am

I'm kinda scared what would happened if I went off to vacation, but then I realized that there are lots of ways to gain points. Huh.

You currently have 175 points.  That gives you over 4 months before your account would drop.

#testing

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/02/2015 6:42pm
Quote Post

Just got redeemed.  Didn't even realize I was point dropped and took a while to figure it out :)
Thought I just kept typing in my password incorrectly.  Now I'm interested in playing the stock game so time to post and earn some points.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/02/2015 8:43pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

There's a new game in the works that's goanna be bad ass, and can help you earn (and spend) points. :)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/03/2015 4:30pm
Quote Post

sweet.  Looking forward to it.   
Quick question....do I need to buy the 10,000 point stock capacity increase in order to start playing the stock market game?
I tried to buy a stock earlier today and it wouldn't let me.  I had about 150 points and the stock price was 120ish.
Also....I frequently get a 404 dead link (now it's just some page that you used to know) when I click on the individual stock page.  Is this a known bug?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/05/2015 11:03pm
Quote Post

For real, i was passive user of konghack cheat, and this system made my life abit harder)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/05/2015 11:11pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
motomi Posted on: 01/05/2015 11:03pm

For real, i was passive user of konghack cheat, and this system made my life abit harder)

For real, no one cares if you talk like a school girl. 

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/06/2015 8:33am
Quote Post
The Mentally Challenged
motomi Posted on: 01/05/2015 11:03pm

Spend a few minutes to look at the stocks, buy some and cross your fingers you bought right. Took me a day or so (waiting for stocks to update) to get 20k points. That's enough for 27 years. I got hooked on points, so with my almost 40k now (love that referral thing, really rakes in good!), I'm set for ~53 years. I can go passive and not care for half a century. Your life really didn't get much harder man.

Oh yeah, totally forgot, I don't know when it kicks in, but at some point, you get a badass bonus daily. At my current badass rating of 88 (how do I climb, Tim?), I get 163 points. Every day. That's another 81 days worth of points. Every. Single. Day. I would never run out of points at this rate. So contribute, and lay back, relax with a feeling of being immortal, because pointdropping, that's out of your reach... (unless you blow it all on something stupid..)

Don't waste too much time reading this.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/06/2015 8:53am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

The top 249 people earn badass bonus points.  #1 earns 250, number 249 earns 1, every day.  250 range with that 1 off thing.  Meh.

Anyway, you get to be a badass by contributing to the site.  Every post, hack, review, donation, etc. all add up.  Here's your sort calculation.

ORDER BY (member_post_count + (member_game_reviews_count * 5) + (member_sol_count * 6) + (member_hack_count * 12) + (member_donations * 50)) DESC, member_time_joined DESC

It's a bit dated, but it's what we're using site wide to calculate l337h4x status.  Reviews used to only be 3x, but I bumped them to 5 after I finished the new system.  We may want to re-hash how we want to display those.  I also need to convert the calculations over to a class, so I don't have to update a dozen scripts that use the same calculation. :P

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/06/2015 9:05am
Quote Post
The Mentally Challenged
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 01/06/2015 8:53am

The top 249 people earn badass bonus points.  #1 earns 250, number 249 earns 1, every day.  250 range with that 1 off thing.  Meh.

Anyway, you get to be a badass by contributing to the site.  Every post, hack, review, donation, etc. all add up.  Here's your sort calculation.

ORDER BY (member_post_count + (member_game_reviews_count * 5) + (member_sol_count * 6) + (member_hack_count * 12) + (member_donations * 50)) DESC, member_time_joined DESC

It's a bit dated, but it's what we're using site wide to calculate l337h4x status.  Reviews used to only be 3x, but I bumped them to 5 after I finished the new system.  We may want to re-hash how we want to display those.  I also need to convert the calculations over to a class, so I don't have to update a dozen scripts that use the same calculation. :P

Well, the days of submitting other peoples hacks (and creditting them, no douchebag here) are over. Guess it's time to spill the beans with some game reviews.

Don't waste too much time reading this.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/06/2015 9:51am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

In all honesty, I need to do some database refactoring.  For example, all of those count fields are part of the Member table.  They could be moved to a more temporary storage such as a cache table or what have you.  The hack count could be broken down by type of hack and "score" determined appropriately, since an AoB is definitely "worth" more than a "note" or simple hack.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 01/13/2015 4:06pm
Quote Post

I heard stocks are a good way to make points.