Help a Family in need
please just take a look
www.BearAndDragon.com
New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/08/2013 11:50am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 04/08/2013 04:42
The thing is, you know about this, so compensate. If you want to buy a 5K item, make sure you have 5100 or something. :P

Hell, I'll even put a warning on the confirmation box that says "After you purchase this, you will have X days (X points) left on your account.

I've also thought about making "premium" accounts that are basicaly ban proof, don't see ads, and don't lose points. I'll just hand that out to people that have been here for forever, or whatever we deem fit.

Meh, thoughts...

lol the premium sounds like pgh with different benefits.

And i guess you're right. most of the people that have or might get 5k points have some common sense, and even if they dont there will be a warning so they cant say they "didnt know"

on a completely unrelated note, im thinking about going back into karate. do you guys know any type that is better than the others?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/08/2013 11:53am
Quote Post
cum here
I'm liking the premium idea :)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/08/2013 12:44pm
Quote Post

In my humble opinion:

1. There will always be more cheat users than makers.
Out of those 68500 "inactive" 0 post accounts on flashcheats, how many of those logged in once a week or more?

2. With respect to hacks, the current system is perfectly fine.
Most of the badged games are hacked anyway. There's little merit in encouraging people to post hacks for newly-badged games when it's already this competitive.

3. What do you expect the new points/account lock system to do?
What's stopping people from visiting random pages and clicking working/not working without actually checking the game? Or you might actually start to see desperate or lazy users submit fake AOBs for extremely old games that few people would check. Kind of like the reason you don't pay people to donate blood, which is because you'd attract illicit drug users low on money who are also a lot more likely to have hepatitis and HIV.

And I don't know how the user database works, but what's the difference between a whole lot of locked accounts and a lot of 0 post accounts?

Simple_AOB Posted on: 04/06/2013 16:29
Someone is drafted into the military and absolutely can't log on and can't do anything about it.

And this. ^

4. The points awarded seem quite arbitrary.
Trying out 4b*1, 4b*8, etc gives the same points as producing an AOB for an obfuscated game with root variables and it doesn't seem fair.

My suggestion is to keep it as it is. Or if you must prune the "inactive" users, delete <11 post or <1 hack accounts that haven't logged in for over a year. (Or some low number like that.) Allow them to sign up again using the exact same email address and username if they want to. Points-wise, don't deduct anything. Instead, display it underneath the username as a sort of powerlevel or something. Privileges like premium account and customizable title automatically unlock by having a minimum number of points.

On a side note, TIM, did you/will you move over the .sols posted on flashcheats?

And I'm a little technologically impaired, but where's the button to view post history?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/08/2013 1:33pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Thanks for the post.

1) Doesn't matter, since we don't have a metric fuck ton of dead accounts. :P

2) I would prefer anything! Even if it's just someone moving the hacks from the old badgehack form into the hack database, it doesn't matter. If the stuff is junk, it will eventually get downvoted. If I see a lot of downvoted hacks from the same guy, and I do a little digging to see it's just a troll of what have you, BAN. Problem solved.

3) My plan here is to help pay for hosting. $5 via paypal to unlock your account (and reset you to like 500pts or something).

4) And I can totally discern what is in the actual hack record. Mmm hmmm. :P Figure something out and we'll talk.

5) As far as the inactivity goes, the thing I've proposed will do. Come up with a better idea and we'll discuss.

6) Everything should be imported. At this point, if it's not here, it's gone foreva.

7) Post history as in?

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/08/2013 4:03pm
Quote Post

I like the idea. As long as I don't need to post every day in order not to get banned... I hope log in will also get some points!

Keep up the good work TIM!

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/08/2013 6:05pm
Quote Post
I doubt anyone would pay to unlock their account, as if they are not regular, they'll probably just create a new account to get around it...and IP bans don't work well, as most are not on static IPs.

Tookie

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/09/2013 12:17am
Quote Post
As it has mostly been said already, my fear in regards to the idea of needing to post for points is that people will just post for the sake of keeping their account and not be posting anything inheritly helpful. It is nice when chat happens because there is reason for it, not just because the wind is blowing that day. I think it is fair to say that if someone has not accessed the site in a long while (whatever you determine that time frame to be) then they can be tossed into the inactive account pile.

In my opinion, rewarding for posting instead of punishing for not posting is a better means of encouraging activity.

I know over the many years I have been on these forums, I have not personally talked too much. Regardless of my social skills, I have read a lot and learned a lot - from how to sift through code, to how to recognize what things are, to figuring out what they do in a game, etc - so thank you KongHack team and its users!
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/09/2013 1:53am
Quote Post
Never let a computer tell me shit.
well if you insist on selling premium content, you might be able to sell some bots for mmos. We would need a pretty competent team of hackers and windows programmers to do that though. between lol_wut and myself, I imagine we could get as far as shrugging our shoulders and saying "fuck this." I mean, I'm like 95% done with KBH, I just cant be assed to finish the last little bit lol.

to ensure people dont just spread the software, you would need to set up a system like mango 12 had. basically, the app requires the user to input forum username and password, if that data is correct, the server returns a unique key which allows the software to function. if the user data is wrong, the server returns 0 and the software exits.

random thoughts on security:
  • sha psk, probably not 3des
  • multi ip lockout, to prevent sharing
  • get weird with binary to hinder RE attempts. <-probably not worth the time

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/09/2013 5:14pm
Quote Post
kolonelkadat Posted on: 04/08/2013 23:53
yadda yadda yadda blablabla

random thoughts on security:
  • multi ip lockout, to prevent sharing
That is really easy compared to the rest of what you want to do =P
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/09/2013 6:15pm
Quote Post
tbh, there's some complications that arise. You always want an active community of non-leechers, but that's not always as cut and to the point as some would like to believe.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/09/2013 6:18pm
Quote Post
cum here
Okay I think it's safe to say that announcing this was a really bad idea to be honest because in the past 3 days, there has been a significant increase in necroing of threads, all of which have been of accounts with very few post counts, saying stuff that has already been mentioned in the thread, I think what should just be done is, if an account has not been accessed in 90 days, an automated email should be sent out, then after 6 months of no activity (ie not logging in) then it should just be locked and when they do return they just need to enter a key which would unlock the account.

All this banning and stuff is great for database cleanup but quite controversial since there's so many legitimate reasons for not logging on, unless if someone was to be gone a long time, they could always message the staff about it and let TiM put a note on the system or something like that to prevent account lock/ban

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/09/2013 11:25pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Ever notice how posting something about accounts seems to get people all riled up and post happy?

Anyway, I threw this out there to get some ideas. I haven't done anything yet. I've set up a bounced email warning system that lets you know when your account's email address is bouncing. When I have a little more time, I'll be updating the code that sends out emails to ignore accounts that have bounces on file. That way I don't keep sending emails to addresses that don't exist, especially since sending emails to non-existent addresses would land us on spam blacklists.

Aside from all this, keep the ideas coming guys! smiley

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/09/2013 11:30pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
a script that deletes the bounce when you change your email *cough* ;)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/10/2013 6:27am
Quote Post
well my old account got lost somehow from the old site to here so i had to restart so it shows me being a nooblet again :) I for one will be happy with whatever changes you all decide to make because without you all, my badge hunting would be a pain :)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  George Santayana
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/10/2013 4:53pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
0 post accounts were not migrated.

It should clear the warning, but I won't remove the actual bounces from the account. This way I can keep track of things. ;)