New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/11/2013 5:20am
Quote Post
Awful idea.
I'm usually very active, but I've got some irl stuff to do, like school for example, and I honselty think it's more important than flash games.
So when I come back I wouldn't like to see my account banned.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/11/2013 6:11am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Provide some ideas than. Hopping into a constructive thread with "Awful idea", and not helping move forward is just pointless.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/12/2013 1:59am
Quote Post
I'm in the same boat as DK000 (was active on flashcheats but after multiple attempts couldn't sign-in or enroll here under old username). But I made it.

I log in from multiple IPs as I move my laptop between work and home so I hope that multi-IPs won't start causing issues. I don't believe maintaining something akin to firewall ACLs would be worth the effort. I like the idea of the point system and I also echo DK000's comment that my badge hunting would be excruciating without you guys. If active is validating and reading occasional forum posts then I should be good.

For reference, you can remove any KenniDog accounts the carried over or that were attempted to create :)
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/12/2013 6:33am
Quote Post
i tried to bring my Death683 account over here too kendall and hit the cant log in and stuff. no biggie no harm done :) As for points maybe a daily login bonus could help keep people from being banned. Like if u log on once a day you get 2 points just enough to keep you from being banned and maybe a message to a mod/owner if going on vacation or something to keep u from being banned if you are away for awhile. this would also keep spam messages down from people just trying to get points by posting

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  George Santayana
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/12/2013 8:12am
Quote Post

Long time lurker here. I remember all the way back to the late kongregatehack days (and then it got hacked). I've learned much from this group. I'm sure that a few utils could use an update, but I don't AoB hack much (except the premium stuff I'm not allowed to post). I find it funny that amoungst a bunch of hackers, you want to have premium software( i know not appropriate, but it made me chuckle). I understand why most of this is being discussed, and by now I think all concerns I had have been brought up. The major concern was making sure that there is something there for the newer people to get points to stick around. But not so much emphasis on it to the point where necro-ing, false hacks, and un-tested working/not working submissions happen.

I kinda liked the point made to accumulate points in a power level sense...but isn't that what karma has always been for? I would love to see the point system motivate a few 'leeches' into learning a few things for themselves. I'm sure I leeched myself for about a year before I even felt comfortable posting on the site. Either which way, as long as I don't get banned for inactivity myself, I plan on being around for awhile.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/12/2013 3:38pm
Quote Post
Heh, well I was wondering why my account I normally used to use didn't transfer over. I'm sure whatever you guys decide to do, it'll be for the better good.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/13/2013 11:20pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
now all you need to do is to make it so people that donate get points. BOOM. i just connected being active with getting you money. a winrar is me. not only will it give incentive to be active/donate, but it also gives an easy route for lazy people with more money than brains

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/13/2013 11:59pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Exactly. What do you feel is fair TNC? 100 for $1? 500 for $1? 1K?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/14/2013 1:40pm
Quote Post
thats a tough subject, people in general are cheap and everyone is going to have a different idea on whats fair. As long as its not priced like all of the MMOs on kong we all should be fine :)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  George Santayana
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/14/2013 3:07pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Lol, true true. I honestly don't know what's a good range though...

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/14/2013 8:22pm
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
well 100 is too little, and 1k is way too high. so somewhere in between. maybe 300?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/15/2013 8:18am
Quote Post
I'm still unsure as to whether the last page of this thread is a joke or not...

Either way I'm rather glad I get points for all my old posts, I used to provide tons of hacks and made the original AOB videos so I have a crap ton of points hanging around so that when I go travelling (like I just got back from) I don't go insta banned. Awesomesauce.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/15/2013 4:11pm
Quote Post
ya i honestly think 300 is a good range. not too much or too little. Good call newcomer

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/15/2013 4:19pm
Quote Post
cum here
or $1 for a year's access no ban so 730

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/15/2013 4:54pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
$1 != no ban. I don't care if you send me a dollar, if you deserve a ban, you're getting a ban.

300 sounds great to me. :)