Help a Family in need
please just take a look
www.BearAndDragon.com
New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/26/2013 5:32pm
Quote Post
Never let a computer tell me shit.
kxb Posted on: 04/26/2013 12:13
I think that the forum software needs to be debugged a little bit more before people get locked out for having <=0 points. I managed to delete a hack twice because it mysteriously reappeared after the first deletion, now I have a negative number of points.

hmm. I do agree. If you delete your own it should only take away as many as posting gives. I would like to see this system reworked so mods can select whether or not to deduct points when deleting hacks.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/26/2013 8:06pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
kxb Posted on: 04/26/2013 12:13
I think that the forum software needs to be debugged a little bit more before people get locked out for having <=0 points. I managed to delete a hack twice because it mysteriously reappeared after the first deletion, now I have a negative number of points.

It's not so much a matter of debugging, as it is user-proofing. It didn't mysteriously reappear. If you hit back in your browser, it will take you back to the confirmation page, and at which point you can hit delete again, and again, and again, and again...

Anyway, I've set it up so that if the status is deleted, and you hit back, it will just bounce you to the game.

Looks like it's about time to set up a bug tracker. :P

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/27/2013 6:34am
Quote Post
Well, as amusing as having negative points would be, I think I'd like to avoid that myself.

Btw, The Ignorant Masses, what is your rightmost image from? I don't quite recognize it but she looks adorable. It makes me want to copy Reina of Higurashi. I personally like Sakura more than Moe though. Though my favorites are the Amakase and Misaki. And I love Suginami (all of them). He's just awesome.

I personally think that if a hack/code/aob/whatever you want to call it has been posted for a while and removed by user or moderator due to something like being out of date, it shouldn't deduct points. Is that the case?
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/27/2013 8:12am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
When a hack is deleted, the number of votes for said hack are tallied up. It doesn't matter if they are positive of negative, I'm just getting a total number of unique people that have voted for the hack.

If there are 5 or more total votes, no points are deducted. This way, if you post a hack, and then immediately delete it, you gain then immediately lose the points.

This has been established for quite a while now. I swear I remember having a conversation with Kolonel about it.

Anyway, the right image is the product of my Paheal scraping bot. I have no clue where it's from.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/27/2013 3:41pm
Quote Post
Your resident no-lifer
I beleive thats Eve, from Elsword, in that image. I could be mistaken though.

Check out this guy, I always laugh at him.

If any of my AoBs are broken, send me a PM and I''ll see what I can do.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/27/2013 5:34pm
Quote Post
i keep wondering how to succesfully submit hacks. Also, how i can see what stuff i wrote down, so i know what more i can look for in a game, or some such.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/27/2013 7:09pm
Quote Post
disgruntled old man
northdude Posted on: 04/27/2013 15:34
i keep wondering how to succesfully submit hacks. Also, how i can see what stuff i wrote down, so i know what more i can look for in a game, or some such.

Install the userscript. It'll be on the right side of the main page. I don't know what your second sentence means...

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/28/2013 7:10pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
maeronta Posted on: 04/27/2013 13:41
I beleive thats Eve, from Elsword, in that image. I could be mistaken though.

Yup, that looks like it. I referenced the image name to my Paheal database. ;)

Anyway, to get back on topic...

How about premium accounts? For every dollar, you get a month of no-ads, and potentially more cool stuff.

Or $5 for 6 months or something. Thoughts? I would really like to come up with some way to give back to those that help out.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/28/2013 8:42pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer
The no-ads is a nice feature if it wasn't the fact that most people nowadays use ad-blockers, so it would be more interesting if there were to be extra features for those who were to donate.
The amount of money seems a bit low, but then, this is far from being a very famous site (yet!), so I guess that is a good start. That way people also can't complain about not being able to donate, unless they have no credit card that is.
For a first feature, how about it not deducing the daily points? Instead of giving points, by removing/disabling it would work just as well as giving points, if not more, if you make the math.

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/30/2013 12:00pm
Quote Post
Your resident no-lifer
Perhaps a special title/colored name/symbol/etc. to show who paid for a premium account?

Another option would be to make hacks younger than a week (or any other time period of your choosing) premium only. After a week others can get them as well. People who submit hacks themselves may also get access as they do something to help.
Ofcourse, this might not be something everyone likes but it would mostly affect leechers that can't really complain.

Also I don't think disabling the point reduction is the same as giving points, as one could use points to get something from the point shop as well as using as account life. Then again, not alot of people would do that (I think) and it would be a good idea either way.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/30/2013 5:01pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer
Right now there aren't that many things that can be bought from the Point Shop, as far as I know, only the Custom Tittle can be bought right now. 2 Points a day is very little indeed, but if every dollar = 1 month, then 5 dollars = 300 points, since 30x2x5 = 300. It seems a little twisted that someone would pay 5 dollars to get the 300 points, only to end up being banned because you bought that item that made your account go to negative/zero points... Seriously... that would be VERY awkward.

A week of delay for public hacks? That seems to me to be a real long time. Specially if we're talking about BotD on Kong here, but still, some delay could be interesting. You also mentioned that people who contribute to the site could have that delay cancelled. That sounds like a good idea, but what would be this criterea for being a "contribuiting member"?

About the premium members again (I've been answering your post backwards lol), many sites do offer the system of differentiation in groups, either allowing them to have special names, special tittles, being part of a special group, but right now, I don't think that would work very well, considering that we still have a very small community, somewhat unknown, and the forums are somewhat dead. I think that it would be more interesting to have it somehow related to the hacks right now, since that's what most people come to this site for. Also, maybe some privledge when dealing with the hacks? I hate just to think and suggest, even voice it, but I guess most people would feel a lot better if they knew that by donating they could have their requests of hacks taken priority? (Read, people who make hacks would be more willing to look at their request and actually hack the game for them, though right now, that would be absurd even to just think, but still...) It would be nice to hear what TiM has to say about making a special group for the people who donated to the site, since that would definetely require some new coding, but since it's TiM, it wouldn't be hard ofc.

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/30/2013 8:24pm
Quote Post
Your resident no-lifer
True, it would be awkward if you got banned that way. Maybe something needs to prevent purchases from the shop if it puts you under 100 points (or any other arbitrary number). I think more will come to the shop over time, although I can't be sure.

The week delay was ofcourse just an example, it could have several rules to it as well (BotD games being made available right away, updates to AoBs not having a delay, etc.). A contributing member would be someone who has either provided a hack/sol within a certain period of time (or over a certain amount of hacks/sols), helped build the site or related attributes (like the userscript) or in another way helped this site grow.

The title/name/group thing is more of a small, extra thing. It's nothing to write home about but some people would find satisfaction in seeing it on their account, even in a small community.
For a hack related thing for the premium members, it would be possible to take requests through a premium request subforum where only premium members (and ofcourse mods/admins) can post. To make those requests get priority you could give an incentive for completing them, such as extra points. Although personally that's a bit too close to buying hacks for me, I don't really like that kind of thing (I don't mind if it's directly buying hacks but if it's semi-hidden behind donations I do mind)... It might deter leechers and we still need those, as some start making hacks themselves or just join the community. Not to mention some existing members might not like it and leave.

An alternate method for a similar system would be having request points given to premium members (also obtainable through other methods, such as the point shop). One could then make a request topic/post and place a reward of X request points on every request in said post (indicating the amount of requests and the amount given for each single request while making the post). Once a request is completed, the points are given to the one who completed the request in the form of normal points. The advantage over the other system is that every active member can get requests with increased priority this way. The disadvantage is that it's still a bit close to buying the hacks...

Besides that, limitting hack availability for non-premium members is the only hack related thing I can think of at this moment. Other ideas would be good.

And yea, TiM is great with coding stuff.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/30/2013 9:05pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the time and effort put in to help better the site. I'm taking everything into consideration, and will bounce a few things off the walls around here, and see what sticks. I'd definitely like to make the info block into a class, so that way I only have to change things once, although it would make it a little less... efficient.

Meh, I suppose I can spare a CPU cycle or two, considering this is the most god damn efficient forum system out there. :P

I'm going to peruse the net and get back with you guys about a few ideas.

In the mean time, any ideas as to what to put in the store? I was thinking about some "collectables". You know, like a "Super Meat Boy Trophy" or a "I Pwned Kongi" card, or a "Greg Facepalm of Achievement" award. Make them limited edition, and allow members to trade them. ;)

Anyway, back to the grind. Thanks again for all of your great ideas!

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 04/30/2013 10:22pm
Quote Post
Your resident no-lifer
Collectables sound interesting. They could be sold in three ways, either as single items, preset packs or random packs (where you don't know what you get, just like with a TCG). As for what the items should be, I think they should be related to the history of this site (and people on it) or to kong/NG/etc.

Oh and if you make the point thing act as an auto ban timer make sure you make an exception for admin accounts, depending on how it's set up that can be a mess if it goes wrong... I kinda made that mistake on the forums for an MMO clan... Though I assume you have it set up in a better way than I did (I couldn't access the forums anymore, until the host restored a backup).

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/01/2013 12:00am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 04/30/2013 19:05
Meh, I suppose I can spare a CPU cycle or two, considering this is the most god damn efficient forum system out there. :P

In the mean time, any ideas as to what to put in the store? I was thinking about some "collectables". You know, like a "Super Meat Boy Trophy" or a "I Pwned Kongi" card, or a "Greg Facepalm of Achievement" award. Make them limited edition, and allow members to trade them. ;)

I would love a supermeatboy trophy. do the trophies come with pictures under our usernames/avatars? that would be so badass. i would start hacking games just for trophies