Help a Family in need
please just take a look
www.BearAndDragon.com
New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/01/2013 12:41am
Quote Post
Grammar Führer
If I'm not wrong, we discussed the thing of getting banned after buying your most shinning thing in the Shop and how stupid that would be. I'm not sure right now if it was implemented, if I'm not wrong, something about how it would trigger an alert that doing so would make your account go 0 or negative.

It looks even more wrong when you say that people could "buy" the hacks, and I agree with you at how it would be so very wrong the buying of hacks on the premium section. I don't think the people who contribute to KH have that kind of mind, or if they do, they contribute to KH for a totally different reason than that one. Right now, the Point System is more like a bonus than a driving goal for people who hack, considering that submitting a hack is one of the most rewarding actions there is right now. And on this, I agree with TiM, we need more ideas of what to put in the shop. (Btw, you can already transfer points between accounts, that means that people can already "buy" hacks with points). The reward system also sounds nice, I've seen it on another forum, and it seems to work just fine, though the forums also offer a game in which people can spend their points. (Making an exclusive game in a forum dedicated to people who HACK games calls for another discussion.)

I like the idea of the collectables, TiM. It would make it very interesting to display these to the others. While we're at it, you could also make a system of achievements and challenges for those who want to boast at how good/bad they are :p. Being able to buy a title would be nice, but right now we can buy the right to rename our titles to just about anything we want so it might not work as well right now. Also, different colours would be nice.

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/01/2013 6:07am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Yeah, buying hacks just isn't going to happen. Since points don't really have a monetary value, and since I'm always in the red, there is just no reasonable way to actually pay the hackers right now. Aside from putting together the hacks myself, which probably won't happen anyway, it's just not going to work.

Anyway....

I'm chugging away at some improvements. I'm going to try and get something out before I have to take off for work. :)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/01/2013 10:26am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
Tsumi Posted on: 04/30/2013 22:41
While we're at it, you could also make a system of achievements and challenges for those who want to boast at how good/bad they are :p. Being able to buy a title would be nice, but right now we can buy the right to rename our titles to just about anything we want so it might not work as well right now. Also, different colours would be nice.

^ i would love a colored name as well lol.
Tsumi Posted on: 04/30/2013 22:41
The reward system also sounds nice, I've seen it on another forum, and it seems to work just fine, though the forums also offer a game in which people can spend their points. (Making an exclusive game in a forum dedicated to people who HACK games calls for another discussion.)
THAT would be actually kinda easy. encrypt it, obfuscate it, and make everything server sided. and doublecrypt the packets.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/01/2013 12:27pm
Quote Post
cum here
I disagree with the idea of having a coloured name, because 1st it would mean TiM having to set up a new usergroup for each colour, 2nd it kinda devalues the title of staff

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/01/2013 5:01pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer
Well, (if you're a Staff because you can have coloured names, that's somewhat of vain, but I guess that could be one of the reasons for people wanting to be a staff but still... I'd rather not talk about it here, that's not up to me to judge anyway.) I can see how it would be annoying to see people making their names the same colour of the Staff and being confused as a staff member, but there are ways to prevent this. One of them is the Group, meaning that a Staff member is always part of the Staff group, or of one of the many Staff sub-groups that can be made to accomodate the many types of Staff., which is already implemented. But if that isn't enough, another way of doing that is by making the Staff have another way of making themselves recognized as staff other than the colour of their names: different colour of their posts, the background of the post that is; making their names appear as Italic, Bold, Underlined, etc; exclusive colour(s) to staff names, and titles colours. Just a few things that come to my mind right now.

@TNC: Yes, I can see how a game could be made possible, as well as that making EVERYTHING server sided could be possible and would mean that hacking it would be close to impossible, but still, that would look very strange to me. I mean, please, we're supposed to be hackers. Unless, of course, you want to make a real game, real meaning that you want it to go by your rules, rules these that mean no one can altear the game to suit them the most. *Shrug* Yes, but still... looks kind of strange to make the game the most hacker proof that you can imagine. If we really were to implement a game along with the site/forum, I'd think that making the game hackable up to a point would be a lot more interesting than trying to make it hacker proof. That way, at least, it would have some of the spirit that the community here has, at the same time as making it somewhat "legit", without excessive breaking of the rules of the game. To which point though,I don't know, I'd say it would depend on the type of game that was to be made.

I agree with TiM that there's almost no way right now to make the hacks tradeable for real life cash (I say almost no way because I can't think of it but that there might be a way, one which I don't know.) I'd guess that it's more important right now to think of ways to make the Site self-suficient than to allow people to buy/sell hacks.

Still thinking on term of the shop and on the idea of introducing delays to hacks, people could be able to buy other types of priviledges. People could spend their points in order to unlock some of the hacks they wanted. It could either be in the form of "levels" (Privledge), either for a period of time or permanent, meaning it would reduce the delay they could see the hacks, or/and they could spend their points "unlocking" a hack that they would like to use. Making this so would also mean that the quality of the hacks would need to raise, as well as quality control of them. People would be very much pissed off if they were to find that they wasted their points on a non-functional hack. Looking at it this way, people would be more willing to get points as well as spend them, but there are many more points to be addressed, I'd think, before this could be done so I'd like to ask opinions on this...
Still talking about the shop, you can also implement some sort of items just to show off. I've seen some forums that make people able to buy some sort of items and equip their "avatars" with it, showing beneath their Avatars. Many items can be bought this way, from weapons to armors, pets, etc.

If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/01/2013 5:58pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Man, I remember programming Advanced Dungeons and Rabbits for phpBB 2.x back in the day. Man those were fun times.

Anyway, I have a metric fuck ton of ideas. I just need the time to impliment them.

Also, user name color is not tied to anything. There is a CHAR(6) field in the members table that contains standard hex notation for colors. :P

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/02/2013 4:23pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer

Maybe you could share some of your ideas with us TiM?

We don't bitetoo much.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/02/2013 6:26pm
Quote Post

I swear that for a moment there I almost thought I was going to see a konghack version of gaia***** or tinier** or so on.
Though considering some people would be hacking the game anyways, a game might be more effort than it is worth...

I remember programming a program that did my math homework for me.  I tried making one for my economics homework, but then my teacher got mad at me for being lazy :S .
I wanted to install a video camera on my desk so that I could just stay at home instead of going to school, but my teachers got mad at me...  Something about school property.
Yes, I'm lazy.  I like to eat, sleep, and make mods for games and that is about it.

I myself disagree with the idea of custom colors for users.  Seems like too much work and it could get fairly confusing.

Is there any way to feasibly reduce the cost of the site?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/02/2013 6:52pm
Quote Post
Grammar Führer
undefined Posted on: 05/02/2013 16:26

I remember programming a program that did my math homework for me.  I tried making one for my economics homework, but then my teacher got mad at me for being lazy :S .
I wanted to install a video camera on my desk so that I could just stay at home instead of going to school, but my teachers got mad at me...  Something about school property.

That's like the WTF of the day. But I do agree with your teachers in a point that it would be worth for you to be learning the things, but at the sametime, if you can program something to make your homework, and that it returns your answers for you 100% of the times, obviously you know your math, unless, of course, you just copied it out of the book and never again will think about the problems. :p

Now, back on topic. Some people already can have their names in different colours, but I don't know why, but it problably means that it has already been implemented, ayamikuko, so the only real problem would be extend it to other people under the condition that they had bought something, had some sort of flag that triggered this possibility. On a side note, TiM pwned so much in his coding that it would most likely be like taking candy from a child for him. :p (Ahem, just to boost his ego.).

We don't bitetoo much.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/02/2013 8:03pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

lol.  It would take me about 15 minutes to program the interface for it.  Just replicate the custom title system, and change what field it updates.  Throw in a nice JS color picker for good measure, and we're in business!

Yeah, that was done over an hour ago...

How would everyone feel if I sent out another mass email to all of the members?  About 800 emails bounced last time, so I can just ignore those members and say fuck'em for using a garbage email address.

Since today is the second, and I haven't set up the cron for chat points yet, thoughts on getting that rolling tomorrow?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/03/2013 12:06am
Quote Post
The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 05/02/2013 18:03

Yeah, that was done over an hour ago...

and it works great after the initial problem. awesome job man. (still want an opacity to troll people hehe, oh well)

The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 05/02/2013 18:03

How would everyone feel if I sent out another mass email to all of the members?  About 800 emails bounced last time, so I can just ignore those members and say fuck'em for using a garbage email address.

Since today is the second, and I haven't set up the cron for chat points yet, thoughts on getting that rolling tomorrow?

mass emails seem to bring people to the site like shit brings flies. its surprising how many people go "i got the email and came back" so im all for it. more people is almost always better.
and chat points would be nice, but not really a top priority. the people in chat are usually the people making hacks anyways lol

- oh, and can i get a staff icon to go with my sponsor? lol.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/03/2013 11:42am
Quote Post
Grammar Führer

That would be nice. Considering that you'd love to kick some people asses for not being here, just make sure though that you don't permaban them :p, though they might deserve that somewhat, for not keeping their email address up to date.

We don't bitetoo much.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/03/2013 1:25pm
Quote Post
Tsumi Posted on: 05/03/2013 09:42

though they might deserve that somewhat, for not keeping their email address up to date.

not exactly true. i had an email bounce because aol is just so shitty. id say ignoring them is better than banning them in this case. just remove them from the list

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/03/2013 3:24pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

I just ignore the bounces when I send out the emails.  That way I'm not sending to addresses that will bounce.

If you send emails to bad addresses, it counts as spam, and will land you on black lists.  So yeah, I kinda have to make sure that doesn't happen...

Anyway, their accounts will kinda die off when they run out of points I suppose. :P

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/10/2013 8:54pm
Quote Post

I think there should be a rule where you can't submit hacks that aren't your own (aka they have been posted by someone else in the old threads).
I've noticed this one dude submiting loads of other peoples' hacks, and he does give you credit, but what am I supposed to do if the AoB stops working? I can't fix it and people will minus karma me. Just sayin'.