New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 12:39am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

You've got to look at it this way...

They don't do much good sitting in old threads.  At least someone got them into the system.  Down-voting a hack will move it to the bottom of a list.  Also, there is nothing stopping you from posting a new hack.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 12:43am
Quote Post
Grammar Führer

Also, right now people can't give karma because of a hack you posted, so chances are that they won't give you negative Karma nor give you positive Karma.
I agree with you that it looks bad, but considering that people didn't have access to the hacks through the Userscript, I think it's better that people can see the hacks even though they might not be working.

No number of hacks, good or bad, can replace Common Sense.
If you don't know how to use a hack, don't complain about them. Ask first, then complain.
In case you'd like me to update one of my hacks, please PM me, I'll bother updating them...
We don't bitetoo much.
In case you're lost, make sure you check both "101" and the "Konghack Wiki".

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 12:44am
Quote Post
disgruntled old man
.solPl0x Posted on: 05/10/2013 18:54

I think there should be a rule where you can't submit hacks that aren't your own (aka they have been posted by someone else in the old threads).
I've noticed this one dude submiting loads of other peoples' hacks, and he does give you credit, but what am I supposed to do if the AoB stops working? I can't fix it and people will minus karma me. Just sayin'.

You can go through your post history and add them to the database yourself. Yes it's time consuming and you have to see if the hacks still work but it will stop people from adding your hacks and you'll be able to edit them.

And tsumi's right, people are way too lazy to go look up your profile to give you negative karma because a hack doesn't work.

New to Kong Hack and want to learn the basics? Check out the [Kong Hack 101] and the [Hacking 101].
Wanna learn how we make the hacks? Start with getting [the tools], then check these out: [AoB tutorial] | [.sol guide] | [Unity3d tutorial] | kadat's [video tutorials]
And if you don't already have it, check out the [Kong Hack Ultra Trainer]. You'll be glad you did!
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 8:52am
Quote Post
gates Posted on: 05/10/2013 22:44

I think there should be a rule where you can't submit hacks that aren't your own (aka they have been posted by someone else in the old threads).
I've noticed this one dude submiting loads of other peoples' hacks, and he does give you credit, but what am I supposed to do if the AoB stops working? I can't fix it and people will minus karma me. Just sayin'.

You can go through your post history and add them to the database yourself. Yes it's time consuming and you have to see if the hacks still work but it will stop people from adding your hacks and you'll be able to edit them.

And tsumi's right, people are way too lazy to go look up your profile to give you negative karma because a hack doesn't work.

I have been doing exactly this before I posted that. Then I noticed a dude submitted a few of my hacks in different threads, so I checked his profile out, and he had like 300 hacks submitted (prolly none of his own) so I thought it might be an issue. I'm not bothered otherwise.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 11:55am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack
.solPl0x Posted on: 05/11/2013 06:52

I have been doing exactly this before I posted that. Then I noticed a dude submitted a few of my hacks in different threads, so I checked his profile out, and he had like 300 hacks submitted (prolly none of his own) so I thought it might be an issue. I'm not bothered otherwise.

Sounds like VxD or Strogglet
But yes, usually the best way to counter that is submitting your hacks, rather than letting them sit in a thread ;)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 12:08pm
Quote Post
cum here
thenewcomer Posted on: 05/11/2013 09:55
.solPl0x Posted on: 05/11/2013 06:52

Sounds like VxD or Strogglet
But yes, usually the best way to counter that is submitting your hacks, rather than letting them sit in a thread ;)

It's Strogglet because the majority of the AoBs I submit are defunct ones updated+ I don't credit them since it reduces productivity+efficiency ;)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 12:29pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Anyway.... geting back on topic here.....

Start up the 2pts a day system?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 1:20pm
Quote Post
cum here

Yes you should get the 2-point system up and running now that I'm back to positive points :3

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 8:12pm
Quote Post

agreed. it would definitely weed out the 1 post wonders

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 10:40pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Hey, here's a thought.

Allow it to go to -100.  You can never spend more points than you have, so if you somehow spend everything, you'd still have 50 days to earn something.

At -100, I'll delete the account.  Granted, that's just setting a flag from A to D, but it will also remove the account from the spam list.

Thoughts?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 11:31pm
Quote Post

how about an account lock. 1st time it gets locked and you have to do something to unloack it, and get a nice little warning. 2nd time it deletes.

and how about 2points for logging in each day. the one post wonders and leechers wont log in like the active people would, so they would hit -100 while we stay the same. good ideas? bad ideas?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/11/2013 11:58pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

What's the point of a lock?  That's pretty much the same thing as just straight up deleting their account.

How about this.  Every 10 points under 0, it will send them an email.  That way, they will get an email every 5 days for 50 days for a total of 10 emails.

If they still don't do shit, BAM, gone at -100.

Ticket Link: http://bugs.konghack.com/view.php?id=29

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/12/2013 3:39am
Quote Post

I was here yesterday with 0 points, and today I have -6, seems like it runs faster than -2 per day.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/12/2013 3:51am
Quote Post
Never let a computer tell me shit.
Meddy Posted on: 05/12/2013 03:39

I was here yesterday with 0 points, and today I have -6, seems like it runs faster than -2 per day.

Seems to have run 3 times today about 2 minutes apart. Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure tim just ran it 3 times for testing/debugging. In any case I gave you some points to make up for the loss. 

Happy hacking.

I use this AoB tool to make all the AoBs I post. Try the online version if you dont feel like downloading it.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. They are so important that they named the operating system after them. But what is a window?"

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/12/2013 12:01pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Yup, I ran it 3x.  The first couple of times, it didn't work as intended.  Well, it worked, it just didn't prevent itself from running again.  I added a "date of last toll" field to the member table, and am checking that against the current date.  If toll_date != date(), do shit, otherwise skip.

I posted that in the chat. :P