New Account Policy!
This was put in place back in early 2013 and has been working great.
RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/12/2013 5:15pm
Quote Post

What happened to KongregateHack? Was he not an admin?

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/12/2013 7:37pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Wow, where have you been?

No one is an admin aside from myself.  Mostly because I don't have much of an admin panel, and some of it is extremely dangerous and could take the site down, lol.

Some day I'll need to finish building that.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/14/2013 9:02am
Quote Post

I know my interest in Kongregate goes in cycles.. I play DDO a lot, but when I get burned out I play Kong for a month or so then go back.. havent been on lately due to the Neverwinter Beta.. and will be interested in the Pathfinder when it comes out too.. so my switching involves Kongregate less and less, but I still like to get some flash gaming in occasionally, and I come here for the hacks. I dont post since most of the games I play are way out of date and dont want to necro anything, even if it might need an update..

and I cannot wait for for KBH to be up and running again

I can verify that a stint in the military limits online access, as much as a year or 2 with no access.. heh.. its also the reason I have to relearn AoB/dynamic hacks everytime I come back here.. so thanks for the teaching page.. it makes it all quick and easy..

p.s. and thank you TIM for the Stephanie and Code Slave images in your Sig.. a reason to stop by more often *grin*

p.s.s  Oh, and by the way I should probably say that I do my own hacks, for the most part I come here to see if I am reinventing the wheel and save myself time.. if the codes work.. great.. if not, I hack away.. I have been hacking since the days of the commodore 64 with a hexedit cartridge.. heh 
where do I find info on this premium nodelete account stuff? I would rather just make this as hassle free as possible. I noticed I could not upload an image for my avatar also.. I am not sure if that is a bug.                  

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/14/2013 10:35am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Avatars are undergoing construction, don't worry about it for now.

You sent in $5.  That makes your account safe for.... 750 days, lol.

Anyway, don't put an assload of spaces into posts like that.  Donations or not, that's a pretty quick way to get kicked off a site.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/19/2013 5:52pm
Quote Post

I was just wondering if that would work *shrug* sorry.. I thought I went back and modified it out.. must not have hit the button

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/22/2013 2:58pm
Quote Post

At work so I can't look through the posts just yet, but would it be at all possible to get one point each day you log in?  Since you lose two a day, you would still have to be active.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 05/22/2013 5:02pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

100 days as it currently is.

Aside from that, there isn't a definitive login time, since you never actually log out.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/04/2013 10:23am
Quote Post

I have to agree with a few of the responces given. For the past 3 months I have not been on the site due to haven back surgery for pinched nerves. I am home now but still have problems that has me incapalbe to walk. There are days that I can't even get out of bed because of the pain and when I can, it may be for only a couple of hours.

If you were going to implement this policy, It would not be long before I was banned from the site. I too, am only knowledgeable in CE. But I am glad to contribute to the cite in anyway that I can.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/04/2013 2:22pm
Quote Post

Well, cudac30, you have 394 points atm. If I see it correctly, you are safe for 197 days (2 points for each day). That's way more than 3 months ;-)

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/04/2013 5:05pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

247 days, since I allow it to go to -100 before the account is deleted. :P

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/18/2013 6:46am
Quote Post

Hey, cudac30. I just found this site a bit ago but after reading this thread I decided not to stay. [I have a pretty unpredictable life and have missed on on things for months at a time.] Getting banned after having used this might suck, so I'm just electing to never use it at all. Instead, I gave you the 100 pts I got for signing up, [couldn't figure out how to deactivate my account, the reply to the other person who asked was 'lulz', so I'm guessing it's not possible] and I'm just going to not post.
I'm posting this with the hopes that no one will think it's weird you suddenly got exactly 100 more points. I'm all for open source / spreading tech to the community [one of my jobs is programming, but most of the independant work I've done has been hosted for the world], and the reason you need these is because you're hurt. I'm obviously not going to use them, so please take mine, and I hope you can keep them. If not, at least I tried :D.
Sorry for not adding anything of relevence with this post.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/18/2013 6:55am
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat
LouisaFerre Posted on: 06/18/2013 12:46pm

Hey, cudac30. I just found this site a bit ago but after reading this thread I decided not to stay. [I have a pretty unpredictable life and have missed on on things for months at a time.] Getting banned after having used this might suck, so I'm just electing to never use it at all. Instead, I gave you the 100 pts I got for signing up, [couldn't figure out how to deactivate my account, the reply to the other person who asked was 'lulz', so I'm guessing it's not possible] and I'm just going to not post.
I'm posting this with the hopes that no one will think it's weird you suddenly got exactly 100 more points. I'm all for open source / spreading tech to the community [one of my jobs is programming, but most of the independant work I've done has been hosted for the world], and the reason you need these is because you're hurt. I'm obviously not going to use them, so please take mine, and I hope you can keep them. If not, at least I tried :D.

don't be a dramatic dumbass. If you didn't realize it that's a way to incentive activity between users. You drop by chat to get your daily 2 points or you could just a game once per week and vote the hacks you used to get 5 points for each vote cast. If you think this is still a restrain to your freedom and you didn't notice you got 10 points just for that post: you account got disabled/deleted due to "inactivity"? make another one. Worst kind of limits human kind can have are the ones in its mind

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/18/2013 8:01am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
LouisaFerre Posted on: 06/18/2013 6:46am

Well, if you really want to be banned, all you have to do is ask.  But in all seriousness, the system doesnt' ban you, it just deletes your account when it hits -100.

Read Zen's post.  Just chat a bit, or vote on some hacks, or perhaps contribute once, and you're set.  1 actual hack will get you ~2.5 months. :P  Or, throwing in a dollar will net you 300pts (150 days), and sponsors don't have to worry about the daily toll. :P

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/28/2013 1:58am
Quote Post

Read the initial post, cant be bothered to read 9 pages of replies :P

Seems like a great idea. Would have to increase points by a certain amount everyday you login, otherwise there will be an overall net decrease that leads to everyone eventually meeting that `special page` sooner or later. Perhaps on days you login, you gain 2 points - so you'd save the day and gain one.

RE: New Account Policy! Posted on: 06/28/2013 6:59am
Quote Post
cloud007 Posted on: 06/28/2013 1:58am

Read the initial post, cant be bothered to read 9 pages of replies :P

Seems like a great idea. Would have to increase points by a certain amount everyday you login, otherwise there will be an overall net decrease that leads to everyone eventually meeting that `special page` sooner or later. Perhaps on days you login, you gain 2 points - so you'd save the day and gain one.

IIRC this is not possible (posted by TIM somewhere in this thread).

Found it: http://konghack.com/view_post.php?p=64239