Skip to content

Help discovering new games

4 posts

Help discovering new games

Posted Sep 28, 2020 6:12 pm

with kongregate having very few new games most of which being idles of questionable quality i am looking for other platforms that offer more and better quality games. Aside from steam do you know if there are other platforms/sites where games can be found? I am aware of itch.io but it has too many games and finding actual games instead of prototypes seems like too much effort. All suggestions are welcome

RE: Help discovering new games

Posted Sep 30, 2020 7:45 am

The two names that pop into my mind are Armorgames (very similar in nature to Kong), and Newgrounds (uhm.. expect anything there).

RE: Help discovering new games

Posted Oct 12, 2020 4:24 pm

As burrubu said, Armor and Newgrounds may be the way to go. Are you deliberately after browser games or are you willing to download etc.

As you mentioned steam, I assume you have looked at things like Epic (I know this is contreversial, but they do offer free games fairly regularly).

RE: Help discovering new games

Posted Oct 18, 2020 9:14 pm

Check out alphabetagamer and gamejolt. However, you shouldn't look away from Steam imo. Publishing game on it is easier than ever (100$ free and thats it) tons of games gets published daily. You can find super cheap keys for indie and bundled games (I'm talking about like 0.04$ per game)