Help discovering new games
Help discovering new games Posted on: 09/28/2020 6:12pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

with kongregate having very few new games most of which being idles of questionable quality i am looking for other platforms that offer more and better quality games. Aside from steam do you know if there are other platforms/sites where games can be found? I am aware of itch.io but it has too many games and finding actual games instead of prototypes seems like too much effort. All suggestions are welcome

RE: Help discovering new games Posted on: 09/30/2020 7:45am
Quote Post

The two names that pop into my mind are Armorgames (very similar in nature to Kong), and Newgrounds (uhm.. expect anything there).

RE: Help discovering new games Posted on: 10/12/2020 4:24pm
Quote Post

As burrubu said, Armor and Newgrounds may be the way to go. Are you deliberately after browser games or are you willing to download etc.

As you mentioned steam, I assume you have looked at things like Epic (I know this is contreversial, but they do offer free games fairly regularly).

RE: Help discovering new games Posted on: 10/18/2020 9:14pm
Quote Post

Check out alphabetagamer and gamejolt. However, you shouldn't look away from Steam imo. Publishing game on it is easier than ever (100$ free and thats it) tons of games gets published daily. You can find super cheap keys for indie and bundled games (I'm talking about like 0.04$ per game)