Links to Games in Posts
-migrated-
Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/24/2009 2:58am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Guys, I can't believe this. I just got thinking about it while posting over Badge Hack materials.

We are giving the Kongregate Admins a way to track us by clicking the links to the games...

It's a simple referrers check. Whenever a user clicks a link on one site to go to another, a 'referrer' thing gets passed along to the receiving server. If they wanted to, they could just check all reference logs to see who is coming from a Kong hacking site and ban all at once...

Just a thought... I know I can do it, and I'm not paid to do web security, while they are...

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/24/2009 6:26am
Quote Post
I've mentioned it before, I doubt anyone listens though. I also doubt the kong admins would bother but you never know. There are ways for ragnarok and KBH to be detected to kind of, I just haven't mentioned them in public.
Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/24/2009 8:05am
Quote Post
I don't click those links.
Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/24/2009 3:11pm
Quote Post
I usually have a Kong window open on my system, so go to the game through the search function, but as TIM and Gameace have said, it's probably not the wisest option to click on the links to the Kong games from here on the site.

Even if the admins looked into it, they would have no way of proving that the games were being hacked, for example, those who have gotten legit badges and have come from this site...a referral from here isn't proof of hacking.

Tookie

Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/24/2009 5:13pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
As for KBH and Rag, it all has to do with User Agent, I believe...

I have used the User Agent Switcher for firefox to look at sites from GoogleBot and other agents, and I'll tell ya, some of the large sites have CRAZY looking 'themes' for other bots and what not...

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/25/2009 11:13am
Quote Post
I use them regularly. I try and do a game legit before hacking it and have got almost all my badges legit.

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/25/2009 12:41pm
Quote Post
I can say about 80% legit, but some games are just so boring (to me at least). Once replay value has gone, if I still haven't got the badge, it's time to get crackin (get it? :lol: )
Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/25/2009 3:02pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Maximillian"
I use them regularly. I try and do a game legit before hacking it and have got almost all my badges legit.

Same here and I doubt that there are many smart hackers that are dumb enough to simply click these links. But of course there are still many ways the admins could track us and if kong would be as big as ng, perhaps someone would care about that (broken image removed)
Re: Links to Games in Posts Posted on: 03/25/2009 3:42pm
Quote Post
The only problem is that games such as Kongai have a monetary value, you can buy cards with cold hard cash on Kong....so beating the game and getting free cards through hacking has become a little bit "illegal", that is "if" the Kong lawyers were bothered about this...

Tookie