Paradox Embrace
-migrated-

Wondering where the hacks are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Wondering where the sol files are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Paradox Embrace

-migrated-
Last Updated: 01/11/2010 20:29

Sorry, there are no badges available for this game.

Game Dscription
Master the worlds of Nature, Science and Mysticism and discover the meaning of the Paradox in this huge puzzle platformer. Watch out for roaming demons and mech bugs while you navigate the dynamic levels and uncover the purpose of the mysterious Changers. Try to figure out why things are never quite what you remember them being and use this knowledge to make your way through the world and confront the shadowy figure that keeps you from unlocking your full potential. Created by EntropicOrder, Zeebarf and Caulder Bradford.
Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/06/2010 9:08pm
Quote Post
You would think the level times would be loaded into the sol like ching chong, but no such luck.
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/06/2010 11:19pm
Quote Post
I'm actually enjoying playing this legit. You should be able to earn Bridging the Gap, Withered Away, Naturally Talented, Undeterred and Speedy Runner within about 20 minutes of playing, though you may need to redo some of the levels if you take too long.

The .sol is interesting as it uses a class called EncryptedCookie to stream all the data into a string and SimpleEncrypt to encrypt it (it looks like it xors the data with 129). Should be easy enough to break if I can spend some more time on it.

Another route to doing this by AoB is in the core.Badges class we have code like:
Code: [Select]
private static function submit(param1:String) : void
{
;
switch(param1)
{
case "die":
{
if (isKong())
{
submitKong("WitheredAway", 1);
}
NewgroundsAPI.unlockMedalByName("Withered Away");
break;
}

So, all the medal names are in the same function, so we can just swap Withered Away for summat more difficult.

Also note the submitKong method - I wonder whether we'll see Kongregate badges for this before too long.
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/07/2010 9:58am
Quote Post
deity, you are great. Here are AoBs most of people are used to
Change 2c 94 0e (Withered Away, die) for:
2c 96 0e (Bridging the Gap)
2c 98 0e (Naturally Talented)
2c 9a 0e (Logically Delicious)
2c 9c 0e (Master of Mysteries)
2c 9d 0e (Undeterred)
2c 9f 0e (Demon Dodger)
2c a1 0e (Speedy Runner)
2c a3 0e (Spacetime Traveller)
2c a5 0e (Embracer of Paradoxes)

All credits go to deity. If medal wont come, i accidently used other AoB, which would send stats to Kong
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/07/2010 4:33pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Master_X"
deity, you are great. Here are AoBs most of people are used to
Change 2c 94 0e (Withered Away, die) for:
2c 96 0e (Bridging the Gap)
2c 98 0e (Naturally Talented)
2c 9a 0e (Logically Delicious)
2c 9c 0e (Master of Mysteries)
2c 9d 0e (Undeterred)
2c 9f 0e (Demon Dodger)
2c a1 0e (Speedy Runner)
2c a3 0e (Spacetime Traveller)
2c a5 0e (Embracer of Paradoxes)

All credits go to deity. If medal wont come, i accidently used other AoB, which would send stats to Kong
Didn't seem to work for me.
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/07/2010 6:06pm
Quote Post
Now I've finished the game legit; time to get some of the hard to get medals...

For both Demon Dodger and Undeterred (though the latter is easy to get) use the below AoB and complete either level 7 or any other level to get the appropriate achievement.
62 04 27 14 1f 00 00 =>
62 04 27 02 02 02 02

For Speedy Runner, use the below AoB and then pass one level between 1 and 5: (I got this legit so this isn't tested, but should work)
62 06 25 b0 09 =>
62 06 25 FF 7F

For Spacetime Traveler [sic], use the below AoB and then pass one level between 6 and 9: (I used level 8 as it's easy and it does work)
62 07 25 b0 09 =>
62 07 25 FF 7F

For Embracer of Paradoxes, use the below AoB and then pass one level: (I used level 8 and did Spacetime Traveler [sic] at the same time - note you will get this badge awarded before the other speed badges, you can of course argue this out if somebody challenges you on it, but you may want to do this one last)
62 08 25 f4 08 =>
62 07 25 ff 7f
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/07/2010 6:09pm
Quote Post
Masters didn't seem to work for me. Going to try the undeterred one now.

EDIT: Undeterred works.
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/07/2010 6:22pm
Quote Post
Updated my original post to add more AoBs.

You're on your own with solving the individual levels - they are quite easy once you've played them a lot. It must be easy: I can do it and I suck at platformers :-)
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/07/2010 7:08pm
Quote Post
Can confirm that they all work. Thanks for the AOB's.

Havn't given you a +1 in a while (broken image removed)
Re: Paradox Embrace Posted on: 01/11/2010 8:29pm
Quote Post
I managed to get the medals with a bit of practice and speedhack at .5 speed. Only took me about 2 hours. If you want to do it half legit I guess lol.