Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6
-migrated-
Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/08/2010 11:02pm
Quote Post
I've been using CE 5.6 for a while, It's worked great. But, the bug just hapeend, I tried redownloading (twice) no win. When ever I do ANY numbers, AoB's, all that, it screws up and it just says ?? on all of it, And help? :oops: :?: (broken image removed) :cry: :| :geek:
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/08/2010 11:21pm
Quote Post
don't quite get what you're saying, but make sure you have hex checked if you're doing AoB's. If not, uncheck it. A screenshot would help, if the hex box isn't the problem
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/08/2010 11:34pm
Quote Post
However, i would suggest just redownloading and installing it again. If that doesnt work, the best place to get an answer is the cheat engine forums as they probably know more about fixing CE bugs than we do.
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/08/2010 11:36pm
Quote Post
System Bot
Sorry spellcater but that didn't make much sense :| By the way it might be that you have the wrong window selected or, did you switch your browser? Because it does not work on Google Chrome.

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: Awesomedude70
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/08/2010 11:54pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Awesomedude70"
Sorry spellcater but that didn't make much sense :| By the way it might be that you have the wrong window selected or, did you switch your browser? Because it does not work on Google Chrome.

he said something about weird numbers, so I thought he might have been doing a 4 byte search with hex checked, so all the numbers would come out weird.

Edit- yay 100th post after months of initial leeching.
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:22am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Do one of the following. This has worked for me, as I have had this happen before.

Open an elevated command prompt.

Enter the following EXACTLY

Code: [Select]
taskkill /f /im "Cheat Engine.exe"
then press enter. Try it again.

Otherwise reboot. (broken image removed)

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/09/2010 3:30am
Quote Post
Otherwise if doing what the above post says doesnt work

Task Manager > Process > Firefox/Iexplorer > end process

start browser again

I get this problem all the time

P.S try to end process for cheat engine first than do what i said
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/09/2010 6:14am
Quote Post
Delete all the .tmp files from the CE directory as well.

Tookie

Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/09/2010 8:06am
Quote Post
Quote from: "2313231231"
I've been using CE 5.6 for a while, It's worked great. But, the bug just hapeend, I tried redownloading (twice) no win. When ever I do ANY numbers, AoB's, all that, it screws up and it just says ?? on all of it, And help? :oops: :?: (broken image removed) :cry: :| :geek:

I had this same problem the other day. Whenever I did an aob search, I would get only 1 resulting address with a value of "??". Whenever I would do a 4byte search, I would again only get 1 resulting address that always had a value of "1024" irregardless of what value I was searching for. In all of these searches, the parameters were always set correctly but for whatever reason, the results were screwed.

I thought I was going to have to uninstall/reinstall CE again, but a simple reboot did the trick for me and I haven't had the problem since.
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/09/2010 5:55pm
Quote Post
do i have to download it??? cuz i have the 5.5 var :?
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/10/2010 11:23am
Quote Post
christ, I've still got 5.3! XD

Check before you post, someone may have beaten you there.

Don't fear my banhammer, fear the God holding it...

Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/10/2010 11:40am
Quote Post
It's only really worth upgrading if you use some of the advanced features (memory viewer/disassembler, pointer scans etc) as those are the things that have been updated mostly.
Re: Messed up Cheat Engine 5.6 Posted on: 03/11/2010 3:39am
Quote Post
I don't know, suddenly it works, thanks for helping guys. I'll make sure to keep checking out this forum.