New point hack method?
-migrated-
New point hack method? Posted on: 03/08/2010 11:54pm
Quote Post
Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/08/2010 11:56pm
Quote Post
idk...seems kinda shady since you're new and named yourself after the topic.

then again, it is on the actual site, so.....maybe it's legit, though I highly doubt it's a viable hack.
Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:00am
Quote Post
I dont care if i'm new I'm letting you guys know look for yourself without any shadiness

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Tacticsoft/rewards
Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:08am
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
They're doing something for Kong. A fairly highly regarded developer would never cheat the system.

lol idek why i still come here

Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:20am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Indeed. You should have seen the 1K point gain that hit when I uploaded the shell for AoD. (broken image removed) It was deleted straight away in about 20 seconds though.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:23am
Quote Post
But do you really need to award 7500 points, even for testing?
Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:26am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
testing a crazy anti-cheat system?

I was awarded 1K points as the badge submission went nuts and started submitting the same 5 point badge over and over using a unique ID for each badge, as it still isn't synced up. Yeah, I disabled the script and the entries were removed. I have yet to hear back from Kong staff since that happened... circa a week ago or so. (broken image removed)

Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:32am
Quote Post
Creamy Goodness.
Tim just got the 9001th post in Kong.
(broken image removed)

lol idek why i still come here

Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:56am
Quote Post
Quote from: "skuff"
Tim just got the 9001th post in Kong.
(broken image removed)

(broken image removed)

/weeaboo mode

Also, I'm really doubting its a hack but either way we have autoraters anyway.
Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 12:56am
Quote Post
Quote from: "The Ignorant Masses"
testing a crazy anti-cheat system?

I was awarded 1K points as the badge submission went nuts and started submitting the same 5 point badge over and over using a unique ID for each badge, as it still isn't synced up. Yeah, I disabled the script and the entries were removed. I have yet to hear back from Kong staff since that happened... circa a week ago or so. (broken image removed)

what do you mean? what exactly did you do?
Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/09/2010 2:37am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Konduit is the PHP/AJAX system for transmitting data between your server side video game and Kongregate's servers.

Well, when a "high score" or "achievement" is met, my server will send a command to Kongregate to award you the badge, save the high score, etc... Well, I forgot to have the system write to the completed achievements table, so it would repeatedly give out the same award. It has since been removed from Kong until the next gen of Konduit is finished. Full server-to-server implementation will be required before AoD will run properly on Kong servers.

Anyway, to simplify, every page refresh was submitting a badge request, but it would append my security check to the end of the badge name, effectively generating its own badges. The new Konduit is extremely experimental. I'm kinda glad to be part of it. (broken image removed)

Re: New point hack method? Posted on: 03/10/2010 12:10pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "The Ignorant Masses"
Konduit is the PHP/AJAX system for transmitting data between your server side video game and Kongregate's servers.

Well, when a "high score" or "achievement" is met, my server will send a command to Kongregate to award you the badge, save the high score, etc... Well, I forgot to have the system write to the completed achievements table, so it would repeatedly give out the same award. It has since been removed from Kong until the next gen of Konduit is finished. Full server-to-server implementation will be required before AoD will run properly on Kong servers.

Anyway, to simplify, every page refresh was submitting a badge request, but it would append my security check to the end of the badge name, effectively generating its own badges. The new Konduit is extremely experimental. I'm kinda glad to be part of it. (broken image removed)
We all make mistakes, it's what makes us human, you'll get it eventually, these things are easier to achieve over time. Just don't rush because I love to hack (broken image removed)