Epos
-migrated-

Wondering where the hacks are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Wondering where the sol files are at? Register or Sign In to find out!

Epos

-migrated-
Last Updated: 07/06/2010 18:39

Sorry, there are no badges available for this game.

Game Dscription
Hunt down and slay the powerful Admiral Horn and his minions in this epic old-school RPG.
Re: Epos Posted on: 07/01/2010 4:27am
Quote Post
Quote from: "embrezar"
Quote from: "Whaft"

Are you sure your settings are correct? First, is the right iteration of your browser loaded into CE?
Scan Type should be on Exact Value,
Value Type should be on 4 Bytes,
Everything else is default as CE loads it.

First Scan for 106048 and you should get ~20 results, sell stuff to narrow it down, Next Search for the lower value until you narrow it down to 1 or 2 (sometime I could never get rid of either)

Unless the author updated since last night, ill go check. Still works for me, although I picked the wrong process from Chrome to start with.

OOOH, but I was having issues hacking with Firefox since their last update, maybe try a different browser.

My settings were correct, but you were correct about Firefox being the problem. I loaded the game in Chrome and 4Bytes*1 worked just fine. I'm not sure why Firefox didn't work, but it doesn't matter... thanks for your response.

http://forum.kongregatehack.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2644&p=28086#p28086
Re: Epos Posted on: 07/01/2010 12:38pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "Zirak"

http://forum.kongregatehack.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2644&p=28086#p28086

I noticed that in my process list, and I hadn't seen it before so I thought it was some malware or something. When I ended the process, the Flash video I was watching broke and I figured out that it was actually something important. The idea is good in theory, but the fact that it increases Firefox's memory usage drastically sucks... my Firefox leaks memory like crazy, and the last thing I need is another process using 75+MB of memory when it's lagging just as hard as when there was no extra process.

I only have 2GB of memory, and Firefox has many times used in excess of 1GB of memory by itself... sure, 75MB won't seem like much at that point, but hey, if Firefox is taking over half my system memory, I need every free byte I can get.

Anyhow, thanks for your reply and for the link.
Re: Epos Posted on: 07/01/2010 1:16pm
Quote Post
System Bot
What the hell did you do with your firefox process, that it needs 1GB of memory? The max. mine needs (I have a single-core processor and 2GB RAM) is 200MB (firefox.exe + plugin-container.exe).

The good idea behind this is, that most of the newer computers have 4GB RAM+. For freaks, there are PCs with 32GB RAM. What I want to say is, if you get a computer from 2010, you won't have any problems.

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus
Re: Epos Posted on: 07/06/2010 1:05pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "phreneticus"
What the hell did you do with your firefox process, that it needs 1GB of memory? The max. mine needs (I have a single-core processor and 2GB RAM) is 200MB (firefox.exe + plugin-container.exe).

The good idea behind this is, that most of the newer computers have 4GB RAM+. For freaks, there are PCs with 32GB RAM. What I want to say is, if you get a computer from 2010, you won't have any problems.

Sadly enough, not much. I open a picture or ten here, a flash game or movie there, and the next thing I know, for every five seconds the browser runs, it lags for 2.5 to 3 seconds which makes it practically unusable. I have a dual-core CPU, Athlon 64 X2 5600+... it was good when I got it, but I'm sure there are much better ones now. However, even a crappy computer should be able to run Firefox without it using over 1GB of memory.
Re: Epos Posted on: 07/06/2010 6:39pm
Quote Post
Quote from: "embrezar"
Sadly enough, not much. I open a picture or ten here, a flash game or movie there, and the next thing I know, for every five seconds the browser runs, it lags for 2.5 to 3 seconds which makes it practically unusable. I have a dual-core CPU, Athlon 64 X2 5600+... it was good when I got it, but I'm sure there are much better ones now. However, even a crappy computer should be able to run Firefox without it using over 1GB of memory.

That's Firefawks for ya.  Mine uses ~500MB with a few windows running video and flash, just a ridiculously clumsy program.

Try removing and unneeded plugins or addons embrezar, that should cut down on the clutter associated with the browser.