help with recompiling
-migrated-
help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 7:17pm
Quote Post
im using sothink swf decompiler to decompile a swf file to an fla file to edit in adobe flash cs4, whenever i decompile it gives me a .fla and a bunch of actionscript .as files, it also gives me a bunch of folders with .as files inside them, whenever i try recompiling the size of the swf is 2873 kb but the original swf file is 4842 kb, what is it not adding when it recompiles?
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 7:17pm
Quote Post
also when i recompile, the swf doesn't work
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 7:22pm
Quote Post
System Bot
SoThink isn't able to perfectly extract all the files from a game, especially if it's encrypted. If the .as files are like "sdfsdfjksdf * wsefjsghdjflhg" and you save that, it obviously won't work.

Which game are you trying to modify?

This post was imported from an account that no longer exists!
Previous Name: phreneticus
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 7:25pm
Quote Post
i know it extracts all the files perfectly, it's just some of the actionscript files don't get included in the swf file when you publish it in adobe cs4

im trying to modify a game called yoville on facebook it's not encrypted at all
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 7:45pm
Quote Post
System Bot
Quote from: "turdsammiches"
im trying to modify a game called yoville on facebook it's not encrypted at all
Facebook games are most likely server-sided, so they won't run locally.

Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 7:50pm
Quote Post
if you have all the files that the game depends on to load, and you have placed an entry in C:WindowsSystem32macromedflashplayertrust so adobe flash player trusts the swf to load local files, even server sided games will run locally.
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 7:53pm
Quote Post
System Bot
if you have all the files that the game depends on to load, and you have placed an entry in C:WindowsSystem32macromedflashplayertrust so adobe flash player trusts the swf to load local files, even server sided games will run locally.
Not if they are site-locked/load stuff from the server/other stuff.

Why do you want to have it on your PC in the first place? I doubt that you can play the game online with a modified client. Most stuff will be server-sided anyway.

Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 8:02pm
Quote Post
i don't want to play it locally, after i edit it i will replace the swf in my cache folder with it and it will then be loaded onto facebook's page
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 8:14pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
Wow, that's a fairly retarded thing to try and do...

Yoville is 99% server sided.  Good luck.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 8:20pm
Quote Post
i am only trying to do this because i don't know any other way to edit static variables.
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/01/2010 8:29pm
Quote Post
also there are quite a few things that are not server sided, such as the decorating game it defines rewards like this

bonuses = new Dictionary();
            bonuses["ofAKind_2"] = new BonusData("ofAKind_2", 25, "Hey, some of your stuff matches", "Perfect Pair");
            bonuses["ofAKind_3"] = new BonusData("ofAKind_3", 50, "I like what you've done with the place.", "Tremendous Triple");
            bonuses["ofAKind_5"] = new BonusData("ofAKind_5", 75, "You've really got an eye for this stuff.", "Furious Five");

the 25, 50, and 75 being amount of coins it gives you in game

if you edited the fla you could change it, but when you try to bytecode hack, it uses pushscope to push all these variables onto the scope stack and you can't change anything
Re: help with recompiling Posted on: 09/02/2010 7:49pm
Quote Post
also there are quite a few things that are not server sided, such as the decorating game it defines rewards like this

bonuses = new Dictionary();
            bonuses["ofAKind_2"] = new BonusData("ofAKind_2", 25, "Hey, some of your stuff matches", "Perfect Pair");
            bonuses["ofAKind_3"] = new BonusData("ofAKind_3", 50, "I like what you've done with the place.", "Tremendous Triple");
            bonuses["ofAKind_5"] = new BonusData("ofAKind_5", 75, "You've really got an eye for this stuff.", "Furious Five");

the 25, 50, and 75 being amount of coins it gives you in game

if you edited the fla you could change it, but when you try to bytecode hack, it uses pushscope to push all these variables onto the scope stack and you can't change anything
Those are probably just the numbers it shows when a bonus is rewarded.