well said slowmo. you have helped me a long ways into figuring out how to do things on my own. im not nearly as good as you, but i know how to decompile and recompile a swf, update the version of a swf file, edit ship weight, disable hack checks, increase map speed, and go into another sectors comms.And i only spent like 2-3 hours figuring that out. if i spent a lil more time studying your hacks im sure i can get alot more done, ive just been a lil busy lately. every time you post details of a where in the swf file a certain hack is, i copy it and mess around with it when i have time. like you im starting to enjoy hacking more than actually playing the game. (broken image removed)
I have a small sense of the frustration you must get when dealing with some of these people. I have people in my group in BP that still dont know how to even use a swf file or lua file, but ask me to log on to their account and do it for them, at first i didnt mind, but its getting annoying. Im trying to teach them how to do it, but it seems they are lazy and used to me doing it for them, but thats about to stop.
so once again i say thank you for what you have unknowingly taught me and others, and hopefully other people try and learn how to do things on their own as well.
*EDIT* when i first started playing BP i spent hours and hours searching the internet for hacks, and was excited as hell when that resource hack on CE came out. I was even one of the idiots that payed Urban $50 for his hack. Then I came along on this thread and its DIY kits as well as the DIY kits on epvp, but never paid any attention to them, because i was admittingly a leecher. But i dont like to rely on other people for everything and hate waiting for a updated hack when they update the game. I felt like a homeless man waiting in line at a soup kitchen. So i decided I would take it upon myself to learn how to hack this game. And trust me folks, it is much more satisfying to DIY