Group Sourcing for Points!
RE: Group Sourcing for Points! Posted on: 10/21/2013 12:04am
Quote Post
ditto didn't see this until now =[. Did you use the capcha thing (or an equivalent?) to verify it's a person? 
RE: Group Sourcing for Points! Posted on: 10/21/2013 12:57am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info
xperplex Posted on: 10/20/2013 8:04pm
ditto didn't see this until now =[. Did you use the capcha thing (or an equivalent?) to verify it's a person? 

lolwut?  You have to sign in to participate, so there is no point in a captcha...

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Group Sourcing for Points! Posted on: 10/22/2013 5:29pm
Quote Post
I meant use it to stop them from entering bullshit everytime. I'd think a captcha would deter them from entering bullshit 500 times
RE: Group Sourcing for Points! Posted on: 10/22/2013 6:48pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Oooohhhh.

That makes much more sense.  Then again, it would be a bit of an inconvienience to normal members.

RE: Group Sourcing for Points! Posted on: 11/10/2013 10:34pm
Quote Post
I feel like a dick. I promised to help out on this when it came around and then entirely forgot to log into the site for the 3 weeks it was happening. Can I suggest some sort of email to inform members (like me) who only log in every couple of weeks? (I can manage to hack most games fine by myself so I tend to only login when I want to figure out how someone else did it and the API really made that easy so I log in even less often now.)

tl;dr (I got a tiny bit off topic)

I suggest some sort of email to inform members who don't log in often that they can contibute through this when it happens again.

TIM gave us, who don't have avatars, these crappy alien things. I protest with ponies.

RE: Group Sourcing for Points! Posted on: 11/11/2013 12:49am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info
Yup, I definitely plan on it.  This round was a bit of an experiment.  The client needed as much data as they could get, as fast as they could get it.  It took me longer than expected to get the programming working, and too many people abused the system for any of it to actually do any good. :disappointed:

Anyway, an email will be going out when we get our next order. :smile:

RE: Group Sourcing for Points! Posted on: 11/11/2013 9:42pm
Quote Post
Count me in next go around TIM. And an email could serve as a call of duty for volunteers as well as a reminder.