[Information] Corrupt-but-not-really flash files?
Corrupt-but-not-really flash files? Posted on: 10/31/2014 4:21am
Quote Post

Tried opening up Puzzle Fuzz: Episode 2 in some decompilers tonight and it didn't work.

Here's the URL for the flash: Click

This happened with some other game a few nights ago, but I figured it was just a fluke, so I just let it go.

Tried opening it first in SoThink 5.6, and then in Trillix 5.1.2, but both programs throw an error saying the file is corrupted. The only thing I was able to find remotely related on KH was this old post, which unfortunately doesn't seem like it was resolved. Is there an (easy-to-use) utility that resolves this compression problem, if that's indeed what it is? Is there a newer version or a better decompiler you use maybe that eliminates this issue? Been on KH two years now and never encountered this before.

RE: Corrupt-but-not-really flash files? Posted on: 10/31/2014 5:00am
Quote Post

The swf is not obfuscated and its decompressed image obtained from swfmdumper can be opened at sothing 7.4.
It may be the compression format that unknown to your decompilers cause the problem, as you suggested.

Tried use kolonelkadat's swfmdumper, it does not download or examine the link from a html, but directly search the flash process memory.
The url or name of the swf may not be known, but it can be sure the swf is properly decompressed. The swfmdumper can handle unity (.net c#) too.

As a better flash decompiler, tried jpex . It can open obfuscated swf which may crash even the newest sothing.
The ui and search function of jpexs may not be convenient, and it is slow, but one of the best tools to examine obfuscated swf.

bye~

No +karma or thanks post please,
we shall exchange appreciation via telepathy ;)

RE: Corrupt-but-not-really flash files? Posted on: 10/31/2014 5:30am
Quote Post

You weren't kidding. This JPEXS  is pretty slow, but it's amazing. >_> I don't even know how to explain it. :B Opens the above flash game like it's nothin'. Cheers :)