[Information] PVP
Season [Current]
PVP Posted on: 05/24/2015 6:43pm
Quote Post
Your (mostly) friendly neighborhood MAA-Mod

ok so all of you are now aware of the changes taking place in pvp, right?
https://www.playdomforums.com/showthread.php?204741-Upcoming-PvP-Improvements

some of our favorites got a huge nerf. one of the most infuriating is probably molly hayes, who was so magnificent last season and now sux hard and for free.

however this new 'fast action' vs 'quick action' paradigm also nerfs the new hulk costume which had so much promise.

the disorientation hack doesnt work!  oh no! hopefully maybe there will be a fix in the future, be it on playdoms side or with the khut itself. however, the brandons AOE hax still work thankfully.

maybe fathead would like to comment on possible new/well working defense setups, besides the ever popular nul/kurth?

best dust off your corned beef scroll peeps.

RE: PVP Posted on: 05/25/2015 10:29pm
Quote Post

People say Drax is good now(dunno was fixed on him) with starlord default custome and Drax with his movie alt. Put pulping in his lvl 1 and Drax open the round with 3x bleed on someone.....until you see Null and eat you like a candy.

RE: PVP Posted on: 05/26/2015 2:56pm
Quote Post

I see the people still uses Beast + Red Hulk or Gamora + Groot... But there's something fishy... I beat the crap out of them now...

RE: PVP Posted on: 05/26/2015 7:07pm
Quote Post

The new AoU Hulk is not affected by the Quick Action changes. He gains actual extra turns, not quick actions.

With the loss of disorient hack (again), we have to go back to regular teams and rely on AoE hacks. Those that have the corned beef have nothing to worry about, but 2 of my accounts don't have it so I'm also messing around with different setups.

So far I'll say this:

FLANKED
is your friend. Use AoE hack and put flanked on all enemies, then you can end nearly any fight very fast.

Cable is one of the best heroes for this because he can also grant an extra turn to all your heroes. Pair him up with hard hitting heroes and you can pummel most teams in a single round. I've been using him with Thor/Psylocke with amazing results so far.

He might be really good with AoU Hulk also, I haven't tried it yet.

NICO MINORU
is back in the meta and is a very powerful hero once more. She grants your whole team extra turns, she hits HARD (her damage was buffed) and now that Fatal Blow is not so popular anymore, and Nul no longer counters with his L1, she is once again nearly immortal and just never dies.

Some very strong team ups for her is Spiral, Nul and Cable. She and your agent also works really well with the full Runaway set from previous Spec Op.

COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER
Scrapper Safeguard + Raft Shank + First Blood + Iron Fist = enemy Quicksilver and Nul can't do shit. They will get countered into oblivion. 

When you get into the higher adamantium rating you will face a lot of hard hitting wallet warrior Quick-Lord teams (QS + Star-lord). Some of them have 800k+ attack armory and will 1shot at least one of your heroes instantly no matter what. Using the above setup will help you survive those.

Alternatively you can avoid being hit altogether by building a team that can't be targetted by physical attacks. Use Hugin's Eye on the agent (QS can't hit you, at all) and supplement with heroes that can either survive being hit (Nico/Falcon) or are untargetable (Shadowcat Kitty). This is especially a good tactic for corned beef setups since QS teams are the biggest counter to the scroll.

RE: PVP Posted on: 05/31/2015 5:14pm
Quote Post

How about using Worthy Spiderwoman with Dr. Strange (with Phased Shield)? Most of her stuff is subtle, the enemy will be hitting amongst themselves a bunch?