[Request] Crank
Crank Posted on: 06/07/2016 7:11pm
Quote Post

Found a near idle game, but looking for anyway to speed it up. i belive its javascript but im unsure of how to find such things

http://faedine.sytes.net/crank-b35/

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/07/2016 7:59pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

construct2 game no clue how to hack it

var g = indexedDB.open("_C2SaveStates"); var d,c,e,newsave; g.onupgradeneeded = null; g.onerror = null; g.onsuccess = function(g) { g = g.target.result; g.onerror = null; c = g.transaction(["saves"],'readwrite').objectStore("saves"); d = c.get('b35'); d.onsuccess = function(event){ console.log(d.result.data.indexOf('"timescale":1')); d.result.data = d.result.data.replace('"timescale":1','"timescale":20'); console.log(d.result.data.indexOf('"timescale":1')); var requestUpdate = c.put(d.result); requestUpdate.onsuccess = function(event){e=c.get('b35');e.onsuccess= function(event){console.log(e.result);} } } };

this changes the timescale in the game but doesn't seem to yield benefits lol fml fmita.
whoever designed idb is an inbred furry
help?

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/13/2016 7:42pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
Level: 1
ADR Info

Never worked with indexedDB before.  Seems like a bitch and a half.

Everything's coming up KongHack!

"When you know nothing matters, the universe is yours" ~Rick Sanchez

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/28/2016 11:49am
Quote Post

If you click on the Crank, then tap the up arrow a bunch of times a textbox shows up in the bottm left. That's unlocking debug mode.

Put in a number and that textbox and it will work as a speed multiplier (2, 2x as fast, 10, 10x as fast). Numbers over 100 give free resources and numbers over 1000 up your cap. There's potential to break the game when using really high multipliers, but anything under 1000 should be safe.

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/28/2016 3:50pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

thanks for the tip fae, but why did you use cr2? it's the vilest thing in web technology

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/28/2016 4:50pm
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

Holy shit, it's the creator.  Hi Fae!  Absolutely love the game. :D

I think I'm the only one with an account submitting bugs to the bug tracker. :P

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/28/2016 5:22pm
Quote Post
Zenwaichi Posted on: 06/28/2016 11:50am

thanks for the tip fae, but why did you use cr2? it's the vilest thing in web technology

No problem. It's the debug mode I use myself when testing. I'll probably disable it at some point but it's there for the foreseeable future.

What about Construct 2 is vile? It makes for unreadable source once it's generated for a browser, but other than that I don't see many cons to it. Most software that generates code for you is guilty of it on some level. If you look at the source of this very page you can see a few instances of it.

As for why I use it: it's easy and it's fast. I can do something in it in about an hour or two it might take me six hours (or more) to do more conventionally in JS or jQuery. It also has some really awesome debugging tools and stuff for analyzing performance when you get right into it. I could go into more detail but I don't want to come off as a salesman.

If there's some vileness I've overlooked I'd be really interested in hearing it.

The Ignorant Masses Posted on: 06/28/2016 12:50pm

Holy shit, it's the creator.  Hi Fae!  Absolutely love the game. :D

I think I'm the only one with an account submitting bugs to the bug tracker. :P

Hey! Yeah, yours is the only other account I've seen. There have been a few other anonymous submissions, but no accounts (I don't care either way so long as I can fix bugs). Thanks for all the help so far!

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/28/2016 9:20pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

yeah you're right, mostly it's because it's time wasting to analyze the output of cr2 and the runtime is quite troublesome to inspect. Is there any effective way to debug the app in the browser once it's deployed? Also on a side note, the way you used IDB confused me quite a bit, is there any particular reason for going single big entry?  It's not the way I would think to use something with DB in its name :P I thought the game was another low-level cr2 game but with your comment I went back to it and gave it a fair chance and yes there's more content and depth than I initially imagined, kudos.

Crank's memory does weird things,did you add anti-cheat measures or those are just the usual cr2 output oddities?

I am not a big fan of obscurity, especially when there's no business competitiveness at stake

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/29/2016 8:50am
Quote Post

Yeah, from a hacking perspective it's annoying and unreadable. I completely sympathize, there.

The IDB bit is just how C2 does saving. The "localforage" DB is the one I setup to save a few values, and this is mostly just same basic information about the save file (version and when it was saved) to check compatibility. The _C2SaveStates DB is probably the one you mean. It's all one giant JSON string as that's how C2 does it's saving natively. If you use the game's 'export', you'll see it's really similar to what you get there. It's not how I'd use a database either (one table to store one big string). It's admittedly easier than trying to create hundreds of tables for each object type, though.

The easiest way to read it I've found is using a JSON viewer for Notepad++ (https://sourceforge.net/projects/nppjsonviewer/). It all uses object IDs instead of readable names though (so Item.ScrapMetal turns into 43265435645654 or some nonsense) so it's not a lot of use. I think there's some sort of checksum on the string as well as editing it directly doesn't seem to allow changes.

I'm not really trying to prevent cheating as I cheat in (single player) games all the time. I've posted this debug info elsewhere in the past, it's not hidden so much as just buried. I'm not one to dictate how someone is supposed to be having fun with my game. The only time I've had fun playing AdCap or Cookie Clicker is when I've been hacking them. They're super tedious otherwise and I don't know how people play them normally. 

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. No, I'm not away of any way to use the debugger once it's deployed. It works hand in hand with the IDE, so I'd be surprised if it was available outside of it.

RE: Crank Posted on: 06/29/2016 10:12am
Quote Post
TIM the Enchanter
ADR Info

What I do is inspect the + buttons for increasing resource caps, set IDs on them, and setup small setIntervals of 1-2 minutes.  I can go away for a while, and instead of the game maxing out resources, it'll continuously increase caps. Leave that running over a weekend, locking crank or solar panel in your research window, and come back to godmode.