[Help] Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS
Difficulties setting up Charles Proxy
Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS Posted on: 05/25/2017 5:59pm
Quote Post

Hey Konghack members!

I want to start of this topic by saying that i'm very new to this whole Flash Game hacking community but i'm very interested in it and therefore i'm here. 
Many of you have probably heard of the software Charles Proxy, some of you may even have used it in some cases and that's the people i'm looking for! I've used the feature "Map Local" to
get my recoded SWF files to load onto the original games website and it works amazing! But sadly
i've come across a situation. I've been working on a game
Called Bit Heroes (Decompiled the SWF file, editted some of the coding, recompiled it, ready to test it..)
But as the original SWF file is placed on a HTTPS url it seems as i can't replace it with
my editted one... All that happens when i'm trying to replace the
original game with the editted one is that i'm being shown a white
empty window in Firefox... I'll attach some pictures so that you may understand me better! :) 

Here's when i'm using Bloons TD5 as an example. It's SWF file is on a regular HTTP Url so when i refresh the page you can see that the game changes to my custom SWF file.

Now let's try to the same thing on a game that has it's SWF file on a HTTPS Url (in this case, Bit heroes)

As you can see.... The website now is all white and my custom SWF file that i've told it to use simply doesn't load up as it does on the previous example when we used Bloons TD5.

I'm not sure why it doesn't allow me to replace the SWF file and load it when it's on a HTTPS but if anyone knows, please help
me figure this out cause i've been stuck with this for quite a while and i would really like to see some progress being made! :)

Anyways, thank you very much for taking your time to read this far, if you've got a clue of what i'm doing wrong i would love to 
get some help!
Thanks in advance,
Best regards
akke92

RE: Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS Posted on: 05/26/2017 1:24am
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

https://www.charlesproxy.com/documentation/proxying/ssl-proxying/

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1381294221ra/4658086.gif
m

Sorry for half assed looking reply but instructions are in one of the links and you should find them if you read the general explanation. 

RE: Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS Posted on: 05/26/2017 5:17pm
Quote Post

I've already enabled SSL-proxying and in the list i added * which should make me SSL proxy all host names... Which is obviously not working! Any other thoughts on what might be wrong? Maybe i could send you the link to see if you can get it to work? Just to make sure that it's me doing something wrong and not the website having heavier protection?

Thank you for your reply!

RE: Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS Posted on: 05/26/2017 7:43pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

You didn't provide important info like screenshots of charles intercepting https data for bit heroes anyways I'm betting on "you haven't done the certificate steps". 

RE: Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS Posted on: 05/27/2017 10:02am
Quote Post

Of course i've already installed the certificates! Otherwhise my broswer would have warned me about the website not being safe... I can provide you with the screenshots you need, if you can try to be abit more noob-friendly as i dont know what you're looking for :p

RE: Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS Posted on: 05/27/2017 5:19pm
Quote Post
Ubi Maior Minor Cessat

Try editing some screenshots of your charles configuration/settings and firefox proxy settings in the first post and notify me. Or come in chat and look for me

RE: Using Charles Proxy with HTTPS Posted on: 06/03/2017 9:34am
Quote Post
The Laziest Man on KongHack

try accessing the swf through kongregate like the first one. im not quite sure how charles (or your browser) would handle that second request since youre trying to access the swf directly in that tab.

also try clearing your cache and seeing if that helps.